• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

Personally I think media conglomerations releasing their own polls are a complete disservice to what they are supposed to be doing - reporting the news. Now maybe polling falls under that, but when you create a poll, and then use that poll's results to form how you are covering elections (in their typical horse race coverage), it becomes a problem.

Just report what the candidates are saying and doing.

Bo Hines allegedly holds a JD from Wake. I don't know if he graduated or not since he was doing a lot of stuff while attending law school. But yeah tier 3 law school...

Bo Hines allegedly holds a JD from Wake. I don't know if he graduated or not since he was doing a lot of stuff while attending law school. But yeah tier 3 law school...
Manning not seeking reelection in the district. No idea who the Dem nominee will be (but that's a district that was a slight lean D that's not a lean R). Manning has been facing a lot of pressure from the left over her stance on Gaza.

Bo Hines claims he didn't go to Yale law because of their liberal indoctrination, which is the same reason I did not go to Yale law.

How does the new map affect this district?
Moves from one of the most competitive districts in the state that was a slight D lean to an Arlene (talk to text, but fuck it, I’m leaving it)

It moves Greensboro out of the 6th into the 5th and swallows it up with a lot of western counties.

Old map:
IMG_6032.jpeg
New map:
IMG_6033.jpeg

Last edited:
Moves from one of the most competitive districts in the state that was a slight D lean to an Arlene (talk to text, but fuck it, I’m leaving it)

It moves Greensboro out of the 6th into the 5th and swallows it up with a lot of western counties.

Old map:
View attachment 7191
New map:
View attachment 7192
Gotta love cramming suburban Charlotte in with Morganton. That makes sense as a district! Yeesh.

Seems like more of an indication that Trump has a huge lead in Iowa. People already voting for him probably just split their answers more likely and just as likely.

I may need to reread this tomorrow.
There is a sizeable contingent of Trump supporters that swear every moment of backlash makes them more likely to vote for Trump. Overt racism? That makes us like him more! Another indictment? That makes us like him even more! I'm pretty sure none of these people could possibly want Trump more, but they will insist that they do. I think that's what PH's post may have been referring to, not sure.

Back