• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

That’s good for Ramaswamy. Feeds an outsider narrative. The rest of them are part of the ineffective GOP machine. But he’s an outsider like Trump who can get things done.

That’s good for Ramaswamy. Feeds an outsider narrative. The rest of them are part of the ineffective GOP machine. But he’s an outsider like Trump who can get things done.
OTOH, he didn't vote for Trump.

Even better. That’s even more outside. He got on the Trump train in 2020 but otherwise couldn’t be bothered with typical party politics.

Just had an insane thought pop up into my head: if Biden wins the election, could he potentially pardon Trump? Would Trump even accept it? Can't imagine what sort of Turned-to-Eleven crazy theories they would come up with? Biden pardoned Trump so Hunter Biden could use his illegally obtained firearm to shoot him?

I think Haley won the debate as an isolated event but Ramaswamy will get the bump for reasons I explained earlier.

I don’t think anybody else was a debate winner. Doug Burgum gets points for getting his name and I guess Pence for not rolling over.

The rest were losers. DeSantis was basically silent. His plan was exposed and he had no backup and can’t think on his feet.

Tim Scott looks like a damn milk dud. Only 50-something Black man who can’t pull of the clean shaven bald look.

Christie was kind of weak. He got a rep based on the Rubio take down but I heard it again and it wasn’t as good as I remembered.

Can we talk about the crowd? They seemed like fans at a sporting event. They wanted to be the 6th man. They claim to be anti-government but Republicans love politicians and politics. Understanding politics as sports is key to understanding today’s GOP.
Tim Scott must have gotten the memo. He grew out a little mustache and goatee.

He just turned a question about Biden standing with UAW workers into a complaint about the border.

Pence: "Biden doesn't belong on the picket line, he belongs on the unemployment line."

light applause

The questions so far are actually good, but the answers are way off base.

DeSantis is in the middle and didn't speak until 16 minutes in.

Another example that the Democrats Republicans oppose are cooler than the Democrats we actually get.

It's messed up that they have a camera on the podium during the commercial break so they can't take a bathroom break.

DeSantis blamed Biden for inflation being higher in Florida than the rest of the country.

Hold up, so I'm supposed to be against banning menthols because that will empower the cartels? These commercials are wild.

A close friend (and lifelong Democrat) designed The Air Force One Pavilion.

Back