• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Races (Non-president)

I’m dreading this about Chipper Jones
As a '93 Phillies fan, the "please don't be a jerk' ship has sailed for a few guys. Most noteably Lenny Dykstra. (Schilling or Todd Pratt if it absolutely has to be MAGA). It was possible to see it coming for some of them.

Is Gary Sheffield ok? He was my guy before I knew athletes had personal and political lives.

I'd be okay with and actually expect Pete Rose to be a MAGA jerk.

idk who Murphy or Garvey is

I know who Gherig is

I casually follow the Dodgers (and knew most of the legends) and still had no idea who Garvey is

Sounds kinda mid
I associate Garvey more with the Padres than the Dodgers b/c of my age.

And growing up in the South in the 80s, I throught Dale Murphey was the most famous baseball player alive (even though I hated the Braves)

As a '93 Phillies fan, the "please don't be a jerk' ship has sailed for a few guys. Most noteably Lenny Dykstra. (Schilling or Todd Pratt if it absolutely has to be MAGA). It was possible to see it coming for some of them.
Kruk is still cool, though... Right?

Shilling had major issues before MAGA even existed.

Imagine going back and telling your '90s self that John Kruk would turn out to be the sane one.

The dude Was an All-Star, an MVP, a World Series winner back when everyone watched every pitch of the WS, and had the longest consecutive games streak since Lou Gehrig at the time. He also played in the second largest media market and was probably the team's most marketable player. He was a big deal. This is not a reach and you don't know what you're talking about regarding Garvey.

Again, do you know who Dale Murphy is or does he have no name recognition ? Never entered your consciousness ?
We still talking about the family feud guy?

Oh yeah I know he’s a dipshit. But he hasn’t run for office yet!

Chipper Jones is very, very clearly a big truck, Don't Tread on Me, Maga dipshit. Helluva player. But all in on the pub train

It is a very real possibility that republican Larry Hogan could win the Maryland senate seat in November. That could be the difference in which party controls the Senate in the next session if congress.

Yeah. Politics are heavily partisan but people still vote for individuals.

Back