• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Races (Non-president)

I have the afternoon off and am currently sitting in a tex mex spot nearby having a transcendent experience with a rather mediocre tortilla soup. Intellectually i know that its not thr best ive had but in this moment it hits hard. Hope that gummy kicks in soon.

I have the afternoon off and am currently sitting in a tex mex spot nearby having a transcendent experience with a rather mediocre tortilla soup. Intellectually i know that its not thr best ive had but in this moment it hits hard. Hope that gummy kicks in soon.
are you gonna find your republican to vote for

My God, I just realized that not only did mark Robinson graduate from the same high school as I did, he was in the same class.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk

Again, do you know who Dale Murphy is or does he have no name recognition ? Never entered your consciousness ?
There is a difference between me having a slight awareness of this persons existence and their former celebrity being politically relevant, which was your point. IMO you are overestimating the name recognition for Garvey and the advantage it would provide. There are weird B list celebrities that run for office in California every year and almost all of them flame out with very little support.

Last edited:
Biff is overrating how much people know and care about sports.

The dude Was an All-Star, an MVP, a World Series winner back when everyone watched every pitch of the WS, and had the longest consecutive games streak since Lou Gehrig at the time. He also played in the second largest media market and was probably the team's most marketable player. He was a big deal. This is not a reach and you don't know what you're talking about regarding Garvey.

Again, do you know who Dale Murphy is or does he have no name recognition ? Never entered your consciousness ?

idk who Murphy or Garvey is

I know who Gherig is

I casually follow the Dodgers (and knew most of the legends) and still had no idea who Garvey is

Sounds kinda mid

I recognized the name but thought he was a pitcher. Probably remember it from an old Beckett baseball card catalog.

Doesn’t really matter - Schiff spent money specifically to make him the opponent because he’s gonna lose 80/20.

Sounds like he has some skeletons post-playing days too.

I recognized the name but thought he was a pitcher. Probably remember it from an old Beckett baseball card catalog.

Doesn’t really matter - Schiff spent money specifically to make him the opponent because he’s gonna lose 80/20.

Sounds like he has some skeletons post-playing days too.

Just keeping his name in the news.

He also hit probably the most famous home run in Padres history to win the NLCS.

If you’re in your 50s (like me) and in the 80s and early 90s you didn’t come home from work every day and heat up a Swanson’s tv dinner and sit down and watch the 6:05 and 6:35 Andy Griffith Show doubleheader followed by the Braves game with Dale Murphy then I don’t know what kind of life you had in your 20s.

I really shouldn’t brag.

Back