• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Races (Non-president)

I agree. That's why I said it's a problem. But if it was someone aligned with your background and beliefs, you'd probably think it was a great story.

it's a Hollywood fantasy. See:

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)
Dave (1993)

I agree. That's why I said it's a problem. But if it was someone aligned with your background and beliefs, you'd probably think it was a great story.

No I wouldn’t. It’s a big deal to be elected to the state house or even Congress. Start there, and learn how laws work.

No I wouldn’t. It’s a big deal to be elected to the state house or even Congress. Start there, and learn how laws work.
Yeah these are not entry level jobs. I also don’t see the point of having a Lt Gov elected separately from the Gov so you have situations like this guy and Cooper.

it's a Hollywood fantasy. See:

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939)
Dave (1993)

Pretty much.

And I think people are lying if they’re saying they wouldn’t support someone like this who aligned with them.

Yeah, so ? You're saying you would have no name recognition of a professional player, who played in your home state, was a perennial All-Star and former MVP, who played for 20 years and retired when you were 8 ?
This is a reach. Only a very elite, miniscule tier of athletes remain in the public consciousness 30 freaking years after they retire.

The dude Was an All-Star, an MVP, a World Series winner back when everyone watched every pitch of the WS, and had the longest consecutive games streak since Lou Gehrig at the time. He also played in the second largest media market and was probably the team's most marketable player. He was a big deal. This is not a reach and you don't know what you're talking about regarding Garvey.

Again, do you know who Dale Murphy is or does he have no name recognition ? Never entered your consciousness ?

The dude Was an All-Star, an MVP, a World Series winner back when everyone watched every pitch of the WS, and had the longest consecutive games streak since Lou Gehrig at the time. He also played in the second largest media market and was probably the team's most marketable player. He was a big deal. This is not a reach and you don't know what you're talking about regarding Garvey.

Again, do you know who Dale Murphy is or does he have no name recognition ? Never entered your consciousness ?

i think you're just old, dude

Garvey, Lopes, Russell, and Cey.

One of the best infields in MLB history.

i think you're just old, dude

Yeah, people over 45 who live in California know who Steve Garvey is, especially if they have any interest in sports. I really don't know why anyone would say otherwise.

Allowing the Lt Governor to be of the opposite party is dumb stuff that gives him a high level platform to run against the incumbent for 4 years.

Tell that to half the country. 74 million Americans are totally cool with a guy with no political experience being in charge.

He quite literally told you he does not think it's ever a great story.

Back