• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

First time ever I purchased a season ticket for baseball and really looking forward to this season. I legitimately think this team can make it back to Omaha. Then again, I thought we'd go 8-4 in football so I don't really have a clue.
This team is going to make it to Omaha.

I’ll get my hopes up after I see how the non-big 5 look. Baseball is truly a team game. The Angels had Mike Trout and Ohtani and couldn’t even make the playoffs.

If anyone wants two tickets to the Friday game against Fordham, please let me know and I can text them to you. I bought season tickets and will not make a lot of the games.

I think more than one baseball thread is going to work. I need more entries for the baseball contest from our collection of astute baseball minds. @IAppreciateIt probably has all these answers in his projections already.

Numbers through ACC tournament, regional, and super regional games. In other words, pre-Omaha.

1. Team ERA. Over or under 3.35.
2. Home runs hit by Wake. Over or under 125.
3. Runs scored by Wake. Over or under 580.
4. Marek Houston’s on base percentage. Over or under .459%.
5. Wake’s team on base percentage. Over or under .425%.
6. Wake’s team slugging percentage. Over or under .530%.
7. Wake’s total stolen bases. Over or under 50.
8. Wake’s total sacrifice bunts. Over or under 27.
9. Jake Reinisch’s OPS. Over or under .985%.
10. Team wins. Over or under 47.
11. Higher OPS, Katz or Winnay.
12. Freshman with most at bats on the team.
13. Wake player with 2nd most home runs.
14. Pitcher with the 4th most wins on the team.
15. Pick 8 teams to make Omaha. Each correct answer is worth half a point.

Tiebreaker: How many strikeouts will Burns record this year?

How are we feeling about the overall composition of these promotional photographs?

I expect more out of the promotional department. These seem amateur at best. If we are going to be the national champions I expect national championship photoshopping as well. We need to build a photoshopping lab....

i'm anti-pinned threads in general

pin announcements for a bit, if needed, otherwise let the invisible hand of the post decide!

edit: @cookoutdeac, @Biff Tannen, mods, et al
Ehhh, high impact but low traffic/post threads generally benefit from them. Recruiting threads fall pretty heavily into this bucket. You could let the invisible hand of the post decide but then you just get reposts and redundant threads if people are too lazy to look beyond page 1, and it falls on the mods to try and combo those threads effectively.

Without a pin on this thread you get drunk vtwhat posting baseball season countdowns on the wrong thread entirely: https://ogboards.com/threads/mbb-game-25-uva-saturday-noon-espn2.34269/post-4350292

^all off are symptoms of the awful megathread epidemic that makes these boards generally tough to use for anyone who isnt a power user. not all somewhat related topics (that ever come up) need to be combined. i don’t necessarily disagree about the recruiting threads. but these boards were very popular for years and years without them.

Last edited:
^all off are symptoms of the awful megathread epidemic that makes these boards generally tough to use for anyone who isnt a power user. not all somewhat related topics (that ever come up) need to be combined. i don’t necessarily disagree about the recruiting threads. but these boards were very popular for years and years without them.
wow a DISLIKE for that, amazing, this thread isn't even stickied anymore my man per your request (and I had a PM asking me to sticky it, so is your preference more valid than other posters?)

it can get very annoying when there is a conversation about the same thing happening on 4 different threads though, even harder for non "power users" to try and keep up with

plz explain to me how megathreads make the boards hard to use for people that aren't "power users", if you want to chat on recent news/haven't kept up with it you just jump to the last page and start there, it's the opposite imo

@IAppreciateIt wants a world in which there is a new thread started for every panthers game, EPL slate of weekend games, and every boomer poster does 1 though/1 thread instead of keeping all the hot takes on game threads

not to be that guy again, but i don't think we need this thread pinned (the same way we didn't have it pinned last year and we don't have any other similar threads pinned). my eyes naturally skip over pinned threads (i'm guessing i'm not alone) and it's easier to see when there is news / something going on when you naturally see a thread rise to the top based on activity.
Question on this point, are you still using tapatalk or something?

Because on the actual software the pinned threads look exactly like the other threads and you know when they have updates because they're very clearly bolded with unread messages when that happens.. they aren't in a separate section like they were on vbulletin
1708010554841.png

I got a chuckle out of that but I liked that shit anyways. Keep firing away vtwhat!
i too, got a good laugh out of it 😂, once the initial confusion wore off and i realized i hadn't misclicked on the thread I intended to read

@cookoutdeac i was just doing my schtick, people have different preferences and you can’t please everyone. we all appreciate the time you put into trying to make these boards good for everyone

Back