• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

to get a top 4 ACC seed, WF must

1. Win the series at NCSU; and
2. Have a better weekend than 2 of UVA (hosts VPI), Duke (hosts UNC) and FSU (hosts GT); or better than one of those and have Clemson (hosts BC) get swept

Could also sneak into the top 4 by winning 1 of 3 at NCSU if UVA, Duke and FSU all get swept; let’s not count on that.

Last edited:
our SOS actually got hit since our conference opponents heve been doing pretty horrible this weekend (fsu, duke, uva, bc, vt all lost series. louisville and unc played each other. and nd played toledo). so that offset the sweep a bit from an RPI perspective. i think we dropped from 6 to 8 in sos (can’t recall for sure)

but actually a really good thing since those are teams we are competing for seeding with

Last edited:
NC State series is Thursday-Saturday. Chase will still be going in game 1 right? Or would they throw him game 2 so it’s the same amount of rest?

NC State series is Thursday-Saturday. Chase will still be going in game 1 right? Or would they throw him game 2 so it’s the same amount of rest?

I would assume you throw him Thursday.
Walt was undecided on this after today's game. Falco could handle the short turnaround to Thursday and allow Burns to remain on regular rest.

A degree of it is probably how they handle throwing their bullpens tomorrow or Tuesday, if I understand their routines correctly.

Also: Sounds like weather is going to make Tuesday's game doubtful.

will be great if tulane can beat ecu, arkansas can beat miss st and ucsb and uc-irvine both go down.

also probably good for arizona to lose tonight

Last edited:
I get not messing up Burns rest, but we're about to get into post-season where the rest is going to be so staggered.

I feel like we have a good thing going with Burns setting the tone for the series, and stick with it. (Says a man with Thursday tickets already)

I get not messing up Burns rest, but we're about to get into post-season where the rest is going to be so staggered.

I feel like we have a good thing going with Burns setting the tone for the series, and stick with it. (Says a man with Thursday tickets already)
I mean, he did just throw 7 innings with 16 strikeouts on one shorter day of rest. And as Walt has said, his "compete gene" is every bit as strong as Rhett Lowder's; they just exude confidence/energy in polar opposite ways. Whenever he pitches, he's giving it 100 (puntentional).

Personally, I think you don't accelerate his rest again and he'll be Friday night. But that's just my educated guess/feel.

Back