• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Throw Chase on Thursday. We want him to have as much rest as possible before the ACCT. I’d also probably throw Josh on Friday for that same reason but I know that’s a quicker turnaround after pitching today.

With the changes in personnel and losing some very talented kids, it took a while for this year's team to jell and find their way. They have certainly done that over the past few weeks and are playing lights out baseball heading into the ACC Tourney.

With the changes in personnel and losing some very talented kids, it took a while for this year's team to jell and find their way. They have certainly done that over the past few weeks and are playing lights out baseball heading into the ACC Tourney.
We did have 10 guys drafted last year. That's insane.

And look at the other final two from last year. Florida is 26-25, unranked, 11-16 in conference. D1Baseball last week had them as a 3 in Durham (might be out after dropping 2 of 3 to Kentucky this weekend). LSU is 33-20, unranked, 10-17 in conference. They are not slated to be in the NCAAs (and lost 2 out of 3 to Alabama this weekend). Keep in mind LSU also brought back Tommy White (who is having a great year), got Luke Holman from Alabama in the portal (who is also having a great season) and brought back Thatcher Hurd (who wasn't good until the NCAAs last year but found his stuff to shut us down; he is having another poor season)

Climbing back to the top of the hill next year is never easy.

Last edited:
And look at the other final two from last year. Florida is 26-25, unranked, 11-16 in conference. D1Baseball last week had them as a 3 in Durham (might be out after dropping 2 of 3 to Kentucky this weekend). LSU is 33-20, unranked, 10-17 in conference. They are not slated to be in the NCAAs (and lost 2 out of 3 to Alabama this weekend). Keep in mind LSU also brought back Tommy White (who is having a great year), got Luke Holman from Alabama in the portal (who is also having a great season) and brought back Thatcher Hurd (who wasn't good until the NCAAs last year but found his stuff to shut us down; he is having another poor season)

Climbing back to the top of the hill next year is never easy.
Did Holman ever visit Wake in the portal or am I imagining that?

Didn’t want to give that god damn SS chance to snag it.
That dude was so good this weekend. And he started the season at 1st and moved to short after an injury to their regular dude. Imagine how much worse this weekend would have been for them if that dude didn't turn into Ozzie Smith.

All ACC games or just the ones on a get away day?
For some reason I thought it was only on get away day, but I know GT got run ruled by VT on a Fri or Sat this year (because I remember being surprised by it).

This was my first game seeing the Deacs in person since the win against LSU in Omaha last year. If I had fallen into a coma after Omaha and didn’t wake up until this morning, I wouldn't believe you that Hartle struggled earlier this season, because today he looked exactly like the Josh Hartle I saw in Omaha last year.

Which, if he’s truly back on track, is the best thing that could happen to us at this point in the year…

Bought tickets for Thursday thinking we’d see Chase Burns, so that is my preference.

Need someone to chase down what time the games are on Thursday and Saturday. Wake and State websites have different times.

Back