• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

fwiw, i personally think using a lefty against the bottom of the order packed with lefties was the right move. save roland for the top of the order next inning. just don’t have confidence in johnston given his lack of control.

I have no doubt you know way more about baseball strategy than me

But a good portion of Walter's decisions always seem off

I have no doubt you know way more about baseball strategy than me

But a good portion of Walter's decisions always seem off

the nature of baseball makes it seem that any close loss is the managers fault, since there are pretty much always reasonable alternative decisions that could have been made.

i remember some poll that i think some sbnation site did a long time ago where 100% of mlb fanbases thought their managers were bad tactically (even though overall favorable/unfavorable opinion was around 50/50).

i have gotten annoyed at walter for a bunch of things over the years (mostly when i think there is evidence to back that up) but there’s a lot that is just hindsight.

Only reasonable criticism I think of the decision making last night is that Johnston threw a ton of pitches, I assume more than any other outing this year. I think he was allowed to face at least one extra hitter than what he should have

Only reasonable criticism I think of the decision making last night is that Johnston threw a ton of pitches, I assume more than any other outing this year. I think he was allowed to face at least one extra hitter than what he should have

Johntson’s pitch count was well within the range of where he’s thrown all season.

I would guess the rationale is that he’s our #1 groundball pitcher and against a lefty you are playing for a double play

Johntson’s pitch count was well within the range of where he’s thrown all season.

I would guess the rationale is that he’s our #1 groundball pitcher and against a lefty you are playing for a double play
He’s thrown 40+ pitches across multiple innings regularly this season? That goes against my memory but I’m not looking through the stats right now

My biggest concern is you were leaving in a guy who needs glasses to see and they were clearly fogging up.

When Slim started struggling they showed Ray and Gunther warming up. I figured one of those guys would come in next but I understand the lefty stuff. My only wish would have been to have Wade up with one of the righty guys. I’m not in there so I’m not sure that Wade was even available.

When Slim started struggling they showed Ray and Gunther warming up. I figured one of those guys would come in next but I understand the lefty stuff. My only wish would have been to have Wade up with one of the righty guys. I’m not in there so I’m not sure that Wade was even available.
Tough that coming into the year, there were multiple pieces about all the potential bullpen arms….and here were are and the only one that’s trustworthy at all is Roland. Johnston seems to be a “leverage” guy, and they like Leffew and Morningstar in longer relief, but otherwise no one has stood out.

understandable but it doesn’t look like willson gets good jumps in the outfield. maybe that’s been part of why he’s not been in the lineup much

Back