• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Corona did not hit much for Missouri this season. Certainly worse than what I expected. Whenever I saw Missouri he was playing (a bad) first base. I do not see where he would fit in on this team. Costello had a bad year at Miami too.

Apart from the guys who got drafted and are doing well for themselves

Cecere - having a great season, big10 comp though.
Corona - eh. Only would've helped depth marginally
Cueto - eh. Hitting better than our catchers but at a lower level.
Costello - eh. Hitting not much better than gill.

Not really sure gain too much, other than maybe when Houston/kurtz were out. Even then, we might not have gotten to give ABs to Antonio, which might just have made it a wash.

Taking a break from this team today. They clearly have the talent to return to Omaha and at times they have played like it. Unfortunately most of the time, the team has appeared unfocused and undisciplined and frankly they play like they don’t give a shit a lot. This weekend is a great example. They clearly are more talented than the Wuffies but State has a lot of fight and grit. State plays with heart and determination. We could use a lot of those things. This doesn’t even take into account that we were at quite a deficit in the head coaching category this weekend.

Burns is the exception. He has come ready to play each time out. Sometimes his stuff was better than others but he has never lacked for fight and effort. Too bad it is not contagious.

Hopefully Walter will wake up and actually manage the team competently and the team will come together and decide they want to compete. Otherwise this season will end as a big disappointment after starting the year ranked # 1.

Go Deacs!
So your assessment is that the team is underperforming because they have no “heart”? Do you think they need to try harder?

State played with heart and determination when they took 4 walks in the 9th inning, except for that one guy who struck out - he wasn’t focused. Johnston had no heart except when he struck out Cozart with the bases loaded. After that he was undisciplined and didn’t care.

Not that I really want to optimistic right now.

But how confident are we that the selection committee will or won't mirror some of these final polls?

Even if we end up 17 on D1s poll it seems like we have a completely different group of guys on the selection committee using kpi and rpi which has us around 10-11 mark.

It is just so dumb. Baseball is not a try hard sport. If you see guys not going after balls or not running the bases hard fine. But anything else is just flat out being baseball Stupid

Apart from the guys who got drafted and are doing well for themselves

Cecere - having a great season, big10 comp though.
Corona - eh. Only would've helped depth marginally
Cueto - eh. Hitting better than our catchers but at a lower level.
Costello - eh. Hitting not much better than gill.

Not really sure gain too much, other than maybe when Houston/kurtz were out. Even then, we might not have gotten to give ABs to Antonio, which might just have made it a wash.
Certainly none of those losses or the sum of those better than the incoming transfers.

26 to 6 in football.

Basketball was a split, but then State won the ACCT and made the Final Four.

IMO, a loss today is ungood, since it's not like we are dominating UNC or Duke either.

I like giving Wilson a chance. Don't think anyone is making an argument to be in that LF 8 hole.

We’re continuing our strategy of hitting it right at their players, I see. Dammit, Walter, that’s not going to work!!!

Back