• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

I have to agree, he did nothing at UNC. Don't know why we took him.
Obvious why we gave him a chance and ok with that. But agree time to adjust. Not to say he can’t/ won’t still be in the mix at some point.

Obvious why we gave him a chance and ok with that. But agree time to adjust.
Hell, yeah. The baseball board’s collective recollection is passing only the basketball board’s collective recollection.

Hawke is still young. He came to Wake because of the “family” atmosphere and Essex has highlighted that atmosphere in his recent articles. It’s way too soon to give up on a young player. He is probably headed to the bench in the next week and he will work hard at his game. I suspect he will contribute down the road.

Hawke is still young. He came to Wake because of the “family” atmosphere and Essex has highlighted that atmosphere in his recent articles. It’s way too soon to give up on a young player. He is probably headed to the bench in the next week and he will work hard at his game. I suspect he will contribute down the road.
Fully agree. Was highly rated just like Tommy . And is for sure not the same player as Tommy. But not ruling him out to contribute at some point.

What is the prediction for today? Will the 1pm start hold or will it likely get bumped out a few hours to dry a bit?

anyone know anything about the upcoming scheduled game in Shelby, NC on April 30? Its against App State. Seems an odd place to play and a one-off game.
Was thinking of making the trek from asheville to the game.

anyone know anything about the upcoming scheduled game in Shelby, NC on April 30? Its against App State. Seems an odd place to play and a one-off game.
Was thinking of making the trek from asheville to the game.
We play a game there basically every year.

It is some kind of tribute game for a Wake alum who was heavily involved in the American Legion World Series there. Believe it got rained out last year.

It was supposed to be done raining. Yet it rains. I’m surprised they haven’t pushed it back already

What about this April 16 game vs uncw in Durham? I’m assuming it’s going to be at the DBAP?

We are playing more small ball this year. Not as much HR power. Plus wind blowing in much of the day today.

You can play "small ball" without giving away outs. It's dumb for Tellier to ever bunt just to move a runner up given the power and hitting ability he has.

Giving away 1-3 of your 24 or 27 outs every game is antiquated and needs to go away, ESPECIALLY for a team that can rake like we can.

You can play "small ball" without giving away outs. It's dumb for Tellier to ever bunt just to move a runner up given the power and hitting ability he has.

Giving away 1-3 of your 24 or 27 outs every game is antiquated and needs to go away, ESPECIALLY for a team that can rake like we can.
I especially hate when our bigger bats feint a bunt 2-0 on a pitch they should drive. It’s just giving up a strike for literally no reason.

Have any of our beat reporters ever asked Walter about all the sacrifice bunting we do? Strange practice given how forward-thinking we seem to be on the pitching side. Especially when we’re doing it with Tellier, who has been our best hitter this season.

Have any of our beat reporters ever asked Walter about all the sacrifice bunting we do? Strange practice given how forward-thinking we seem to be on the pitching side. Especially when we’re doing it with Tellier, who has been our best hitter this season.
I'm guessing it was a mix-up at the warehouse. We ordered the Batting Lab but they sent the Bunting Lab and we didn't want to deal with the hassle of returning it.

Back