• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

So you're saying we shouldn't have locked in Walter long term on the strength of one miracle season? But isn't that how it's always done? I kid, I kid.
Keatts has gone from potential hot seat to getting a statue if State keeps winning in the matter of a few weeks. If things continue on this path we need to do what Auburn did to Gene Chizek, fired 2 years after a natty title. Walter didn't even win a natty last year.

Expectations versus reality this year has been a cruel cruel juxtaposition.

I shouldn't have let myself get so excited for this season.
We should know better as Wake fans, but it is easy to get sucked in to the hype and expectations.

We should know better as Wake fans, but it is easy to get sucked in to the hype and expectations.
Hey, it takes a long time to learn that lesson. I’ve been a sucker for 50 years, decided I’m not letting it happen any more. Enjoy success when it happens, but don’t dare let yourself expect it.

I learned this lesson in the 90s when we threw a huge watch party to see Wake defeat some hick called Big Country and move onto the Final Four. We had one of the greatest players to ever play the game so what could go wrong!?!

Drunkest I've ever been.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Keatts has gone from potential hot seat to getting a statue if State keeps winning in the matter of a few weeks. If things continue on this path we need to do what Auburn did to Gene Chizek, fired 2 years after a natty title. Walter didn't even win a natty last year.
Of course the Wake Forest Way is Jim Grobe—win a conference title, then be allowed to meander through 7 more seasons of gradual decline after getting the big contract extension and raise.

I learned this lesson in the 90s when we threw a huge watch party to see Wake defeat some hick called Big Country and move onto the Final Four. We had one of the greatest players to ever play the game so what could go wrong!?!

Drunkest I've ever been.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
That was in the sweet 16 even wasn’t it.

We should know better, but it’s also incredibly rare that we have a team that is hyped in the first place, thus making it even more seductive to allow yourself to give into the hype, and amplifying the accompanying disappointment when we inevitably suck.

Back