• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

He changed it when he came back from his injury. No more "hand waving" unfortunately. I think he might have switched it to change things up. You know how baseball peeps are superstitious when they get in a funk.
Thanks. If it has helped his mojo change I am all in. But like yourself I did miss the crowd participation at the Coastal game.

The SEC has pretty much every year been the top conference top to bottom but the ACC this year is pretty much even across the metrics

The SEC has pretty much every year been the top conference top to bottom but the ACC this year is pretty much even across the metrics
arkansas is better than anything we got right now, but clemson is closer than any sec fans would admit. lsu, florida, and the state of mississippi are a drag on the sec right now in a big way.

seems like its gonna take a miracle to get sloan onto campus

I think we might as well give up on that one. Kids getting projected that high almost never make it onto a college campus, Josh Hartle being a rare exception.

With NIL, there's a better argument than ever to go the college route over the draft, but that argument doesn't really extend to guys getting picked in the first couple of rounds.

Sloan is ranked even higher than Hartle was and in the interviews I've seen generally seems more focused on the draft.

Also we have a few other recruits -- two pitchers (Levonas and Marsten) plus an infielder (Dix) who are all getting hype for the first couple rounds so there's a lot of places for any potential NIL money to go.

I think we might as well give up on that one. Kids getting projected that high almost never make it onto a college campus, Josh Hartle being a rare exception.

With NIL, there's a better argument than ever to go the college route over the draft, but that argument doesn't really extend to guys getting picked in the first couple of rounds.
what’s the top 10 signing bonus in mlb these days? Minor leagues suck. Wonder how much NIL it takes along with the perks of D1 baseball now.

what’s the top 10 signing bonus in mlb these days? Minor leagues suck. Wonder how much NIL it takes along with the perks of D1 baseball now.
Slot value for 1-10 goes from $10.57 mil down to $5.95 mil. Last pick in R1 slot value is $2.97 mil.

So top half of R1 is pretty big. Beyond that NIL plus posh facilities is pretty competitive. Minor league conditions suck.

Not just the top half of R1--all of R1, probably extending through R2 for any high school player.
Does anyone here believe Wake NIL can afford $3,000,000 for one baseball player???

Minor league conditions may suck, but they are alot more tolerable for an 18-20 yo with a couple of million dollars in the bank.

Not just the top half of R1--all of R1, probably extending through R2 for any high school player.
Does anyone here believe Wake NIL can afford $3,000,000 for one baseball player???

Minor league conditions may suck, but they are alot more tolerable for an 18-20 yo with a couple of million dollars in the bank.
No way a kid is getting $3M from a collective for baseball. You’d need a ton of money from friends of the program to provide outside sponsorship opportunities

Rhett Lowder getting his 2nd start for the Dragons tonight vs Cedar Rapids in the lovely state of Iowa. If he pitches well again it will be interesting to see if he will be moved up as there has been discussion here about that.

BC debuting its new alternate uniforms for today's game against WF (btw, because they are playing in Boston, its a 3 pm start):

I don't get alternate uniforms that have nothing to do with your school/team's colors. Seems stupid. Understand that its part of Patriots Day weekend in Boston. With the marathon on Monday. Mile 21 of the race is in and around BC.

Is it marathon weekend? Those are Boston Marathon colors.

Back