• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

47% of Americans say the country is headed in the right direction

and also a lot of us are working at major global corporations, the likes of which would not have offices/facilities in Randleman

I've basically worked for myself for the last 44 years. I took a job at a national corporation a month after graduating from WF in 1968....then proceeded to get drafted into the army less than a year later. After two years in the army I went back to that corporation for 18 months before leaving to run my own business (eventually had 35 employees) for the next 20 years. Sold that company at the end of 1992 when I was 46 and have worked in sales for a company as an independent contractor since then. I haven't been paid a penny in salary during the last 24 years.

Nobody gives a fuck you old dried up turd. It doesn't matter, that was the point. Jesus why do I waste my time

"why do I waste my time"
He said he has you on ignore so you really are wasting your time with the hate filled rants.

would like to see if any millennials (or other posters for that matter) have bkf-approved biographies

You've got it wrong. I don't have to approve anyone bios for anyone else. They only apply to the way that I personally value that poster's opinions.

By the way, since you are in the Asheville/Black Mountain area and have worked for a newspaper, have you ever heard of a guy by the name of Barry Robinson? He was an English major in my suite for a couple of years at WF who later had a career in journalism before retiring to run some kind of "old country store" in Black Mountain.

You've got it wrong. I don't have to approve anyone bios for anyone else. They only apply to the way that I personally value that poster's opinions.

By the way, since you are in the Asheville/Black Mountain area and have worked for a newspaper, have you ever heard of a guy by the name of Barry Robinson? He was an English major in my suite for a couple of years at WF who later had a career in journalism before retiring to run some kind of "old country store" in Black Mountain.

He's pretty big on twitter

https://twitter.com/BRmovingon

Interesting. He was from Arlington, Va. I moved over to 204 Davis for my soph year in the fall of 1965 and he was in the same suite as a freshman. That may have been the first year that all the freshman weren't on the other side of the quad.

I haven't seen him since I graduated and lost all track of him until a few years ago when we somehow hooked up thru an email when I was trying to relocate a lot of my old friends from those days.

ETA: My favorite professor from WF also lives in Black Mountain, I believe. I was an Econ major and Hugh Himan was my favorite prof. (Always like Van Wagstaff, too, but Himan was my favorite.) I think he left WF a few years after I graduated and taught at Warren Wilson for many years before retiring.

Last edited:
So w&b is #publicschoolfilth. Color me not surprised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 been in corporate tax for about 16 years. Really can't imagine the people on this board causing a seismic shift in my worldview. Changing my opinion on a certain matter? Sure. But such a massive change is bizarre.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
65. I live in Wadesboro, where I have lived my whole life. I am a financial planner. Sometimes I feel guilty for churning accounts and basically stealing people's money under the guise of financial advise, but then I convert that guilt into anger about the state of youth today. That projection helps keep me from weeping at how I have chosen to spend my life.

I was a Jesse Helms democrat for a number of years, but certain posters on this board convinced me to become liberal when GWB was elected. I now see the far right, both on this board and in life, for what they are.

I have never forgiven Wake for not keeping Coach Stoll.

Sig,
It was Cal's desire to leave to go back home. I have spoken to Gene Hooks about this a few times and he says he and Cal were very close friends and that he cried when he could not convince him to stay. He also told me that he learned not to get to close to your coaches after that because it hurt to see them leave.

Don't worry about W&B, BSF. I don't care what he posts, because if a WakeandBake post isn't quoted in a response, I would never even see it. There are two categories of posters whom I have on ignore....and it's really not a long list. The first category is anyone who gives a negrep. Negreps are silly & juvenile. I stopped all negreps about three years ago...and didn't give many before that. If I negrepped some posters every time I disagreed with something they posted like a few posters do, I would be negrepping many of them on their every post. The 2nd ignore category is a special one in which there are only two posters: WakeandBake and Shooshmoo. All they do is rant & rave....as you can see from the few reposted quotes from W&B in this thread....so I decided some time ago that there was no need to continue to read their posts. There are other posters whom I never agree with on any of their posts I have ever read (MDMH quickly comes to mind), but I am still reading their posts.

I have never been more honored. Would that I had half the life experience of BKF, a white supremacist who has spent his entire life in a podunk backwards shithole conning fellow mouthbreathers.

65. I live in Wadesboro, where I have lived my whole life. I am a financial planner. Sometimes I feel guilty for churning accounts and basically stealing people's money under the guise of financial advise, but then I convert that guilt into anger about the state of youth today. That projection helps keep me from weeping at how I have chosen to spend my life.

I was a Jesse Helms democrat for a number of years, but certain posters on this board convinced me to become liberal when GWB was elected. I now see the far right, both on this board and in life, for what they are.

Interesting. Would not have pegged you as 65.

I have never been more honored. Would that I had half the life experience of BKF, a white supremacist who has spent his entire life in a podunk backwards shithole conning fellow mouthbreathers.

Sometimes you are not a very nice person.

Yall are some dense fuckers if you think Sig is 65.

Sig,
It was Cal's desire to leave to go back home. I have spoken to Gene Hooks about this a few times and he says he and Cal were very close friends and that he cried when he could not convince him to stay. He also told me that he learned not to get to close to your coaches after that because it hurt to see them leave.

Interesting. Would not have pegged you as 65.

I was pegged at 45-50 for my first 5 years of posting. Agreed, I always looked at Sig as in his late 30s-early 40s

bcobbdeacs, knowell, Creamy.......come on guys. Take the hook out of your mouths.

Back