• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

7 losses in a row- will that seal the deal on Bzz?

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
We have lost 2 straight at home and the schedule makes it likely that the losing streak will reach 7. Please let this seal the fate of Bzz. I am a life long WFU fan( father attended law school on old campus, and my uncle , sister and I are double deacons). I grew up listening to Gene Overby on the radio if we got a good signal from WSJS. My blood runs black and gold. But for the first time in my life , I don't care about anything related to WFU basketball and won't until Bzz leaves. I didn't feel that way until the end of last season and this season hasn't changed anything . I hope we win but if we lose- so what? If it gets Bzz fired, a loss isn't all bad anymore. I know that sucks but it's the way I feel. It's sad.

To answer the original question. . .yes. Wellman will have all the rope he needs to hang him by the end of the season. I could see us very realistically finishing the season 1 - 11 or 2 - 10. Game. Set. Match.

It wont take seven in a row. It is only a matter of time now.

Do you think he definitely gone at the end of the year BabyDeac?

That is music to my ears. We can do so much better than this self imposed death penalty.

I was devastated last year when Wellman didn't can him.

I wonder how horrible it was for Bzzz's daughter to witness her fathers failure and his clear unpopularity? Must have been awful.

A lot of Deacon Club big $ donors want Bzzz gone at the end of the year. Will Welman pull the trigger or continue to stubbornly support this mistake? The influential natives are restless.

It wont take seven in a row. It is only a matter of time now.

Yeah, he's on the thinnest of ice. He'll need to pull out a victory against Duke or UNC to get out of this jam. But I'm not discounting a win against Duke could give him another year. Being Ron Wellman is weirder than the original.

Unfortunately we have heard this before. As long as Wellman is around I won't believe it until I see it.

Unfortunately we have heard this before. As long as Wellman is around I won't believe it until I see it.

Remember RW gave Caldwell 2 years too long because he is the one that hired him. Plus he got rid of coaches because he didn't hire them and the people he replaced them with didn't always work out except for Jim Grobe as far as delivering post season results. He got rid of 2 coaches with 5 ACC titles and rode them hard while they were here having success. This guy is just impossible to figure out except ego.

Back