• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

7 losses in a row- will that seal the deal on Bzz?

Who are largely a non-factor in MBB.

True, so I largely view that statement as a throw away line. It sounds good but in reality means little to nothing.

You could read it as we will not take one and done players. But we've recruited the heck out of Harry Giles, so that's obviously not the case.

I suppose you could read it as a shot against the sham that UNC runs that doesn't require the players to take real classes.

...but we'll take low-major PG-transfers. We've taken like two JuCos in my time as a Wake fan, IIRC.

Wake has not really been a short cut-taking team in my lifetime. Maybe it has been in yours, but all Wellman's justifications have done is to help ease the pain of [Redacted]'s shocking incompetence on the recruiting trail. Almost all of the highly ranked 2015 and 2016 prospects are just as likely to one or two-and-done as the "egregious" past examples, so often brought up by the Wellmanite BuzzIn fringe.

I agree with you.

So I'm not sure what we're so afraid of with Wellman hiring a new basketball coach.

Wellman seems to get that Wake needs to play an uptempo style of basketball and recruit the best players we can land. Just because Bz is a terrible recruiter doesn't mean that the way Wake is recruiting is what Wellman wants.

Other than fairly unrealistic candidates like Shaka Smart and Gregg Marshall, I'm not sure there is a board consensus on who we would want.

Less about who we want collectively and more about the likelihood of getting someone that no one wants.

I agree with you.

So I'm not sure what we're so afraid of with Wellman hiring a new basketball coach.

Wellman seems to get that Wake needs to play an uptempo style of basketball and recruit the best players we can land. Just because Bz is a terrible recruiter doesn't mean that the way Wake is recruiting is what Wellman wants.

Because these are the same criteria Wellman should have had last time yet he hired someone coming off his 3rd straight losing season. And now Wellman is really going to be out to prove he's the smartest man in the room, given that he currently looks like an absolute idiot when it comes to basketball.

Back