• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Reminder why Bzz going nowhere anytime soon...

Do you really think wake can afford 2 more years of this? This is a business and I can think of one easy way to increase revenue..

"By then, the only question was whether the Wolfpack would surpass the 112-72 rout at Clemson in December 1954 as the most lopsided ACC road victory in school history.
They threatened that record here for the second time in 11 months, after N.C. State routed the Demon Deacons 80-55 at the once-inhospitable Joel Coliseum last February for its most one-sided road win in ACC play since that 1954 season."

No. They don't.

What Jay weas saying is almost every team gets blown out during the season. Even the Spurs get killed a couple of times a season. Even Carowhina lost by 30+ last weekend.

It's predictably sad that Friday people were saying we were close to turning the corner after playing solidly in two ACC games.

You realize it takes but a single example to blow your "every coach, every season" argument out of the water, right? Nevermind that there are multiple examples every season.

Are you somehow trying to compare being blown out of the water at home by a crappy State team to the occasional "lost one we shouldn't have" by an actual good team. That's a major stretch to make those the same.

It's simple mathematics. You play 35 games in a season, you should throw out the worst game or two and the best game or two.

At the end of this season, when you do you that, we can compare it to last year. Last year, you throw out our worst games and we still have a number of embarrassing losses at home to shit programs. This year, that is unlikely to be the case.

I'm not even really arguing this as a Bzd is boss argument - I'm arguing that Wellman is not going to judge Bzd at the end of the year by this game unless there are 10 more, or 6 more, or 4 more. Just as he's not going to judge Bzd by beating VTech in our home opener.

But you look at the body of work end of year and it is going to be better than last year. End of story. Zip it up and we go into next year with some young talent coming in we expect big things from.

What Jay weas saying is almost every team gets blown out during the season. Even the Spurs get killed a couple of times a season. Even Carowhina lost by 30+ last weekend.

It's predictably sad that Friday people were saying we were close to turning the corner after playing solidly in two ACC games.

Good lord. I really don't want to be a part of the same fan base as people who think that 40 point losses at home, to NIT teams are normal and ok.

Courtesy of Drew:
390811_717951996353_7203918_35249012_67751130_n.jpg

We should replace the midcourt Deacon with that picture. Just perfectly sums up the program right now.

That's going to be like Dino's iconic blank-faced-look picture against Cleveland State.

You realize it takes but a single example to blow your "every coach, every season" argument out of the water, right? Nevermind that there are multiple examples every season.

You're right, dillweed. There are once in a generation teams that go a whole year without one. Let's look at UNLV with Larry Johnson Stacey Augmon and Greg Anthony. I think they had one year with four losses and they blew out Duke by like 30 in the championship game. But I think the year before they played their worst game in the championship game and lost after an even better season.

Clunker games happen to everybody every year or if it serves your cameltoe, Racer, nearly every coach every year suffers a clunker loss. How is that?

But you look at the body of work end of year and it is going to be better than last year. End of story. Zip it up and we go into next year with some young talent coming in we expect big things from.

Better than last year isn't an accomplishment when last year was so awful. My grandma could stand on the sideline and have a good shot at improving over last season. Significantly better than last year would be an indication that Bzz knows what he's doing.

Good lord. I really don't want to be a part of the same fan base as people who think that 40 point losses at home, to NIT teams are normal and ok.

It's not a fan base, it's a few particularly vocal fans. One of whom calls other people "dilweeds". :laugh:

Dino freakedout BEFORE the CSU game. He took a seasoned starter out and replaced him with a frosh who had NEVER started a game in college.

That's more than anything [Redacted] has done.

Better than last year isn't an accomplishment when last year was so awful. My grandma could stand on the sideline and have a good shot at improving over last season. Significantly better than last year would be an indication that Bzz knows what he's doing.

I'd also make a significant bet that your grandma knows significantly more about basketball than you do.

Dino freakedout BEFORE the CSU game. He took a seasoned starter out and replaced him with a frosh who had NEVER started a game in college.

So, "not as bad as Dino" is the rallying cry?

I'd also make a significant bet that your grandma knows significantly more about basketball than you do.

Ok "coach".

Is this where I get to play victim because you're attacking me?

Tony Woods played 5 fucking minutes. You really don't think that Dino was sending a message to Chas? Really, you think that 5 minutes lost us the game. If so, you're a blithering idiot.

For fuck sake, are you that fucking stupid? In years past, we have played some terrible basketball and lost home games to NIT bound Florida State and Miami etc... THe difference is those teams were talented, so the 12 point home losses melt into the ether two years later. We are not an extremely talented basketball team this year, so if our two scorers suck and our average point guard and below average power forward stink, we are going to get run out the gym.

Not happy about it and 40 point home losses aren't normal. but it would behoove you to put it in context with what you've seen out of this team through the first 17 games and what you expect over the next 14 or 15

14 or 15 wins would be significantly better. 13 wins will be much better, 10-12 wins will be a little better.

Back