• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Reminder why Bzz going nowhere anytime soon...

So if we're even worse next year than this year can we expect you two to still be comparing Bz to Crean? I'm just trying to mentally and emotionally prepare myself...

The reality is we are BETTER this year than last. Only the intentionally blind don't see this.

I have NEVER "basically" or directly said ANYTHING va=uely resembling that.

What I HAVE said said STANDS ON ITS OWN as a statement towards Dino. It is no way a realtive statement to anyone else.

It's DINO's failure. It's not anyone else's.

Once again you prove my point about Buzzouters. Everything anoyone says about anyone else is NOT a defense of [Redacted] NOR does it relate to Bzedlik like you make EVERY statement do.

Yeah.

Dino freakedout BEFORE the CSU game. He took a seasoned starter out and replaced him with a frosh who had NEVER started a game in college.

That's more than anything [Redacted] has done.

The reality is we are BETTER this year than last. Only the intentionally blind don't see this.

I agree we are better this year in certain aspects. I disagree that we are better enough to prove that Bzz is any sort of coach.

My bad....I was wrong in my latest post...

And in game strategy it is worse than any game decision [Redacted] has made

So if we're even worse next year than this year can we expect you two to still be comparing Bz to Crean? I'm just trying to mentally and emotionally prepare myself...

I'm not comparing Bzd to Crean. What I'm saying is the comparison is fair. I don't expect bzd to have Wake at #7 in the country next year. I think Crean is a better program coach than Bzd. That doesn't mean we can't hold him to a very similar standard. Indiana is a better job than Wake.

But we should be a winning program next year and a ranked and Sweet 16 team the year after. If we aren't, then we are underachieving and/or Bzd isn't getting the job done.

So, I hold Bzd to a hire standard. He was brought in to win ACC championships and get to a Final 4. He wasn't brought in simply to take the kids to the CIA and be okay.

That, at least from my perspective, is the difference between the "bzz-inners" and the bzz-outers. The inners look at the roster, see what's coming in next year (i.e., Bzd did really really well recruiting for 2012 all things considered) and say, by the middle of next season, we will know whether the program is moving in the right direction. The bzz-outers, at least as it appears to me, were waving the towel on day 1 and threw it in after our first home loss to east bumfuck u. Once you throw in the towel you don't pick it back up.

Couple that with what we know about Wellman and it is like I'm watching a fanbase run amok and like an idiot I have chosen to try and un-mok you which is just a fucking waste of my time.

It showed the team dino had lost control. You can do that in Februaary at State with little to nothnig on the line. You don't do it in the NCAAT.

The only "idiot" here is one who doesn't see how moronic Dino's move was.

RJ, you have brought this situation up many times. You may want to let it go. It does not illustrate the point you are trying to make.

The change in the starting lineup for that game was made as a direct result of something that occurred prior to the game. It did not show the team that Dino had lost control. It was well understood within the team and did not have the effect you are proposing.

I understand your interpretation of the "move" and how you have tried to backfill the story in an attempt to make sense of a situation that was not publicly discussed. However, the facts do not support your interpretation. Dino made mistakes as a coach. That was not one of them.

Not sure what's worse - watching the Dick game or reading RJ's and Jaybone's performance of mental acrobatics in this thread. Will have to wait till after the Dick game to decide.

RJ, you have brought this situation up many times. You may want to let it go. It does not illustrate the point you are trying to make.

The change in the starting lineup for that game was made as a direct result of something that occurred prior to the game. It did not show the team that Dino had lost control. It was well understood within the team and did not have the effect you are proposing.

I understand your interpretation of the "move" and how you have tried to backfill the story in an attempt to make sense of a situation that was not publicly discussed. However, the facts do not support your interpretation. Dino made mistakes as a coach. That was not one of them.

NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+First+Round+Miami+1WvPj_OMUB5l.jpg

11th, 9th and 11th in an eleven team league is what matters....

You posted Crean's finishes over a period of three years. He got worse in his third year than his second year. Only the intentionally blind don't see this.

So I ask again, if we end up worse next year than this year will you still be comparing him to Crean?

I'd really like to know how many people on this board seriously compare our Basketball situation with Indiana's. I find the comparison beyond ridiculous. The nearest comparison for that Indiana program is Kentucky in '89. We're just another program that hired a shitty coach at the worst possible time.

I'm not comparing Bzd to Crean. What I'm saying is the comparison is fair. I don't expect bzd to have Wake at #7 in the country next year. I think Crean is a better program coach than Bzd. That doesn't mean we can't hold him to a very similar standard. Indiana is a better job than Wake.

But we should be a winning program next year and a ranked and Sweet 16 team the year after. If we aren't, then we are underachieving and/or Bzd isn't getting the job done.

So, I hold Bzd to a hire standard. He was brought in to win ACC championships and get to a Final 4. He wasn't brought in simply to take the kids to the CIA and be okay.

That, at least from my perspective, is the difference between the "bzz-inners" and the bzz-outers. The inners look at the roster, see what's coming in next year (i.e., Bzd did really really well recruiting for 2012 all things considered) and say, by the middle of next season, we will know whether the program is moving in the right direction. The bzz-outers, at least as it appears to me, were waving the towel on day 1 and threw it in after our first home loss to east bumfuck u. Once you throw in the towel you don't pick it back up.

Couple that with what we know about Wellman and it is like I'm watching a fanbase run amok and like an idiot I have chosen to try and un-mok you which is just a fucking waste of my time.

OK, that's fair and I respect your opinion. It's just a lot of us have been wondering what the expectations for this program are and at what point Bz will be held accountable for the product on the court if he doesn't turn it around.

Also, Crean was pretty successful at Marquette. [Redacted]'s work at Colorado wasn't exactly inspiring.

You posted Crean's finishes over a period of three years. He got worse in his third year than his second year. Only the intentionally blind don't see this.

So I ask again, if we end up worse next year than this year will you still be comparing him to Crean?

I have NOT compared him to CRean. I have compared the situation of rebuilding a program.

It took Crean into his fourth year to get out of the bottom. [Redacted] didn't even get a ten game chance from you or others.

Nobody in his right mind wouldn't rather have Crean. It's something we never had a chance at having.

The situation at Indiana was just so much worse than what we faced, the comparison of programs is ridiculous as well.

For what it's worth, every basketball coach endures a game like the State at least once a season. Happens in the NBA and you will notice a seasoned coach like Greg Popovich simply yanks the players off the court and plays the bench. At this point, Popovich doesn't even yell at the players.

But the point is that if you are going to judge Bzd by the State game, you are in idiot. Wellman won't. Wellman is gonna look at the whole year and he will likely throw out the Wofford game since we played without our leading scorer. Not saying that is right or wrong, but that is what he'll do.

At the end of the season we are going to have more wins than last year - probably 5+ more wins with a very promising class coming in. All the recruits coming in next year signed to play for Bzd so he will get 2012 and if he wins more games next year than this year, he is going to get 2013. From that 2013 season, he will judged based on making the NCAAs and post season performance but not before then.

Anybody who thinks any differently doesn't no didley on how Wake handles this kind of stuff. FWIW, when Bzd took the team up to DC, he visited CIA headquarters and someplace else. That kind of shit goes down extremely well with the AD and President/Board. Bzd is in basically the spot Obama was in in 2009. He inherited shit. We know it. And he's got three years to turn it around.

All the bitching and moaning is basically the sound of one clapping until the 2013 season

This is the second clunker this year. Arizona State.

And gee whiz, it sure is swell Bzz took our team on a tour of the CIA! Maybe they did flutter kicks with the Spooks during their lunch hour and learned about teamwork!

I have NOT compared him to CRean. I have compared the situation of rebuilding a program.

It took Crean into his fourth year to get out of the bottom. [Redacted] didn't even get a ten game chance from you or others.

Nobody in his right mind wouldn't rather have Crean. It's something we never had a chance at having.

Comparing the "rebuilding" situation is almost as bad as comparing the coaches. We were never under NCAA sanctions, we only lost 1 non-graduating player. You're comparing a dumpster fire to 9/11, and saying 9/11 had better firemen.

Agreed, Crean's Indiana team was much worse than ours last year and he was hampered by having 1 scholarship player and only 7 total scholarships available until this year - Indianas probation just ended.

I think it is safe to not compare the two situations. I will also state, there was almost no way he was getting out of the bottom until this year because of the probation and loss of scholarships, so even stating that it took 4 years is somewhat unfair.

This.

Our greatest claims to are the tallest midget in NBA history and Mr. Cash. Not exactly the kind of place that should have expectations of a one year turnaround.

I'd really like to know how many people on this board seriously compare our Basketball situation with Indiana's. I find the comparison beyond ridiculous. The nearest comparison for that Indiana program is Kentucky in '89. We're just another program that hired a shitty coach at the worst possible time.

Back