• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Reminder why Bzz going nowhere anytime soon...

On year turn-around? The year before Mr. [Redacted] became our coach we were in the final 32 teams of the NCAA tournament.

We didn't need to perform a 180. Unfortunately, we did tho.

This.

Our greatest claims to are the tallest midget in NBA history and Mr. Cash. Not exactly the kind of place that should have expectations of a one year turnaround.

Don't quote me, as if we agree. You don't even understand what I'm talking about. My point was that our program was never as bad off as Indiana. You're talking out of your ass with this 1-season turn around shit. The most common tool that Bzz apologists use on this board is exaggerating about our expectations.

This.

Our greatest claims to are the tallest midget in NBA history and Mr. Cash. Not exactly the kind of place that should have expectations of a one year turnaround.

Wake is not Duke or UNC, but we have a good basketball pedigree in a great league. We were relevant in college hoops for a number of years in recent history. We needed someone after Skip to take us to the next level. Dino was not the long term answer...Buzz was an awful hire. There is nothing on his resume to suggest he would be successful at Wake Forest.

On year turn-around? The year before Mr. [Redacted] became our coach we were in the final 32 teams of the NCAA tournament.

We didn't need to perform a 180. Unfortunately, we did tho.

deacvision7, you are not this stupid ... are you? We had 7 guys score more than 7 pts a game that year (an underachieving one), 3 of them graduated, one was a lottery pick, and the other had to quit school. Only Ari and CJ cam back for Bzd's first year.

But again, I don't think you are this stupid.

Dino

This is a reasonable response. I disagree about Coach's resume, but the only way we can find out is to let Bzz do his job for a reasonable amount of time. Two more years should be plenty.

Wake is not Duke or UNC, but we have a good basketball pedigree in a great league. We were relevant in college hoops for a number of years in recent history. We needed someone after Skip to take us to the next level. Dino was not the long term answer...Buzz was an awful hire. There is nothing on his resume to suggest he would be successful at Wake Forest.

deacvision7, you are not this stupid ... are you? We had 7 guys score more than 7 pts a game that year (an underachieving one), 3 of them graduated, one was a lottery pick, and the other had to quit school. Only Ari and CJ cam back for Bzd's first year.

But again, I don't think you are this stupid.

Dino

We also had a highly touted recruiting class coming in the next season.

If you want to point at the class coming in as evidence that the tide will turn for our program, then you would have to use the same evidence to suggest it wasn't as bad as some are trying to portray today.

Wake is always going to have drop off years after successful ones. Not every time, but sometimes. We were in the final 32 teams in 2005 as well. Then we went 3-13 in conference the next year and had to scrap to get into the NIT.

I have to believe that a postseason birth of some sort will be a requirement next year for Bzz to keep his job. And by that I don't mean the CBI. He needs to win 17+ games next year.

We also had a highly touted recruiting class coming in the next season.

If you want to point at the class coming in as evidence that the tide will turn for our program, then you would have to use the same evidence to suggest it wasn't as bad as some are trying to portray today.

I don't follow you. Bzd's first year, we had a 5-man class coming in and only two returning players who played more than 10 minutes - both freshmen; CJ and Ari. Next year, we'll have 5 players coming back who play more than 10 minutes a game, including our top two scorers, Travis and CJ. Big difference.

Our 2012 class is likely to have a miss or two, might have a transfer, but I believe CMM is legit and Thomas might be the most productive player when all is said and done than any Wake player since JHo (there, I said it).

The major question, in my book, is does CMM have the handle to be the starting point guard. If he's really a 2 guard, then that will be somewhat of a disappoinment. It would mean we'd have to play a true point guard at the expense of leaving more talented players on the bench and playing spot minutes that. If CMM can play 25 minutes at the point next year, then Moto and Tree get some burn, etc...

This says it all fo me:

Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong since [Redacted] arrived.

But don't tell that to Wellman.

"I'm thrilled with the direction," Wellman said. "[[Redacted]] has made every decision that is in the best interest of the future success of our program. I could not be happier with the direction of our program."

disinformation4.jpg

This is a reasonable response. I disagree about Coach's resume, but the only way we can find out is to let Bzz do his job for a reasonable amount of time. Two more years should be plenty.

So you look at Bzz's resume and think "Wake Forest"?

Let me say that I don't take shots at Buzz or really blame him for the mess, I just think Ron decided to fire Dino, got caught with his pants down, and ended up hiring Buzz. Will never convince me this happened according to plan. There's just nothing to suggest Buzz will be successful here.

I understand the whole" inheriting crap" situation and I sympathize for Buzz but there are have been some Major Red Flags.
-Buzz's first year he got to coach the best recruiting class he has ever had(#10 nationally) and lost to programs that can't even sniff at the type of recruits Wake targets ( Winthrop, Stetson and Presby)
- I can accept losing all but one of our ACC games but not in the fashion we did
- Losing by 40 in both meetings with the second worst ACC team in the conference.
( which leads me to believe that he does not know how to study film)
- 2011-2012 two of the last three home games we were beaten by Wofford and Embarrassed by ACC rival by 36 points
- in those 3 home games we are averaging 51 points on offense...this 15 games into the season
- Rebounding 32.5/ points 67 and assists 11 per game have not improved since last year.
- NOT Taking any kind of accountability for these miserable results
- the inability to talk to the media.

Isn't posting a pic of or even mentioning the name of he who's name must not be mentioned a bannable offense?

Back