• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Reminder why Bzz going nowhere anytime soon...

Tony Woods played 5 fucking minutes. You really don't think that Dino was sending a message to Chas? Really, you think that 5 minutes lost us the game. If so, you're a blithering idiot.

It showed the team dino had lost control. You can do that in Februaary at State with little to nothnig on the line. You don't do it in the NCAAT.

The only "idiot" here is one who doesn't see how moronic Dino's move was.

So if the State game was our worst game of the season and we can throw it out. What about the Arizona State game? Or the Wofford game?

I guess you are saying there will be no more bad losses, or else we are going to have to throw them all out.

I get that Buzz is coming back, but it seems likely that we won't win more than 1 or 2 more games this year - so we would be okay with a 1-15 or 2-14 season? Everyone is touting Tom Crean as an example - but, he won 4 Big 10 games in his second season at Indiana with only 1 recruiting class and a bunch of walkons

For fuck sake, are you that fucking stupid? In years past, we have played some terrible basketball and lost home games to NIT bound Florida State and Miami etc... THe difference is those teams were talented, so the 12 point home losses melt into the ether two years later. We are not an extremely talented basketball team this year, so if our two scorers suck and our average point guard and below average power forward stink, we are going to get run out the gym.

Not happy about it and 40 point home losses aren't normal. but it would behoove you to put it in context with what you've seen out of this team through the first 17 games and what you expect over the next 14 or 15

Your context is that BZZ has lost other games by that many points, so we're supposed to understand it when it happens again. Nice logic. If you can't understand the difference between 15 point losses and 40 point losses, you're fucking hopeless.

11th, 9th and 11th in an eleven team league is what matters....

I think we'll win four conference games this year. Am I the only one here that is familiar with the ups and down of a college basketball season? Holy smokes. And I'm not backing off the Tom Crean comparison. What year is he in with his rebuild? 3rd or 4th year?

Last year, we had far more horrific losses that we will have had this year. Getting blown out by Arizona State on a neutral court is wholly different than losing at home to East bumfuck U.

Your context is that BZZ has lost other games by that many points, so we're supposed to understand it when it happens again. Nice logic. If you can't understand the difference between 15 point losses and 40 point losses, you're fucking hopeless.

You don't get my point at all.

14 or 15 wins would be significantly better. 13 wins will be much better, 10-12 wins will be a little better.

The significance of a particular win # is debatable. Win/loss margin, the number of blowouts, the ease of schedule, the strength of the ACC, etc all must be considered. If record is the only indicator of good/bad, then Dino was a Wake Forest coaching legend.

le bone makes a good point. I actually don't interpret his comments as defending Buzzkill, but sharing how he believes Wellman is going to look at what's happening. Ron has shit the bed on several major revenue sport hirings - Caldwell, Gaudio, and now Buzzdick. Ron's going to look for the positive to support his decision and spin it. i'd love to see this clown of a coach run out of town and cut our losses, but jaybone's assessments are likely spot on.

14 or 15 wins would be significantly better. 13 wins will be much better, 10-12 wins will be a little better.

No. Kenpom had us at 12 wins. You can't say one over the projections is "much better" than last year.

Sorry for being harsh jaybone, I don't think you are actually "fucking hopeless", I just really don't understand the need to justify an embarrassing loss. I posted earlier, on another thread that a regular loss was understandable, and probably expected, but an embarrassing blow-out loss was inexcusable. If your point is that "a loss is a loss", I disagree.

I think we'll win four conference games this year. Am I the only one here that is familiar with the ups and down of a college basketball season? Holy smokes. And I'm not backing off the Tom Crean comparison. What year is he in with his rebuild? 3rd or 4th year?

Last year, we had far more horrific losses that we will have had this year. Getting blown out by Arizona State on a neutral court is wholly different than losing at home to East bumfuck U.

If that was the only turrible loss, sure. But Arizona State is really bad, like worse than us bad, and they beat us by 28 points, and it wasn't even that close.

The problem with the bad losses is that they aren't happening to the Dukes of the world. We lose to Duke by 50? Ok, they are a much better team. Losing to Wofford and Arizona State makes no sense. We shouldn't have beaten State, but we also should have scored more than 40 points. And it seems like a trend.

It is more frustration because it is like banging my head against a wall, Bzz is going nowhere, even if he finishes at 10-20, because we have a AD that doesn't want to admit when he is wrong.

Sorry for being harsh jaybone, I don't think you are actually "fucking hopeless", I just really don't understand the need to justify an embarrassing loss. I posted earlier, on another thread that a regular loss was understandable, and probably expected, but an embarrassing blow-out loss was inexcusable. If your point is that "a loss is a loss", I disagree.

Who has justified the State game?

Who has justified the State game?

For what it's worth, every basketball coach endures a game like the State at least once a season. Happens in the NBA and you will notice a seasoned coach like Greg Popovich simply yanks the players off the court and plays the bench. At this point, Popovich doesn't even yell at the players.

Justifies: show or prove to be right or reasonable

The State loss wasn't reasonable or understandable. Very few ACC coaches ever lose 1 home game to a NIT caliber team by 30+ points, even less with an intact starting 5. Bzz has made a habit out of it. It's unacceptable, and if Bzz has established a context or precedent for it, that precedent is ALSO unacceptable.

By definition, historical losses aren't losses that happen to "every basketball coach".

I'd also like to remind the audience that RJ basically said Dino starting Tony Woods (over Chas) against Cleveland State (for 5 minutes) is WORSE than anything Bzz has ever done as our coach. Of all the stupid things Dino did, and sweet accomplishments Bzz has, RJ managed to pull that gem out of the pile.

11th, 9th and 11th in an eleven team league is what matters....

So if we're even worse next year than this year can we expect you two to still be comparing Bz to Crean? I'm just trying to mentally and emotionally prepare myself...

I'd also like to remind the audience that RJ basically said Dino starting Tony Woods (over Chas) against Cleveland State (for 5 minutes) is WORSE than anything Bzz has [B]ever[/B] done as our coach. Of all the stupid things Dino did, and sweet accomplishments Bzz has, RJ managed to pull that gem out of the pile.

I have NEVER "basically" or directly said ANYTHING va=uely resembling that.

What I HAVE said said STANDS ON ITS OWN as a statement towards Dino. It is no way a realtive statement to anyone else.

It's DINO's failure. It's not anyone else's.

Once again you prove my point about Buzzouters. Everything anoyone says about anyone else is NOT a defense of [Redacted] NOR does it relate to Bzedlik like you make EVERY statement do.

Back