• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aaron Curry traded to Raiders

It is not like Curry hasn't been given chances to be successful. He has been terrible in pass coverage he seems to be a step late in getting to ball. They took him off the field on third downs because he was such a liability dropping back to coverage. At times it appears he has no concept on where he should be on the field and his over aggressive play has led to him getting out of position. It is really unfortunate because the tools seem to be there, but he has been a bust.

You left out that he's been bad at rushing the passer too.

Sounds like he does need a fresh start, he's go way too much ability not to be at worst a decent NFL linebacker. Would love to see the Panthers get him, but I'd also like to see him give back a little bit to Wake since you know we were one of only 2 schools to give him a chance to play at the FBS level. :rulz:

Sounds like former ECU All-American (3 time) Robert Jones (6'3-255) who was the 1st round draft choice of the Dallas Cowboys. Got too top-heavy and his lateral quicks suffered. The problem with AC is he gets "shook" at the point of the play... the back gives a little wiggle and whichever way Curry leans he's completely committed...his top half pulls the rest of his body through the play. He has, in short, an in-equal distribution and his power base is too high.

Sounds like he does need a fresh start, he's go way too much ability not to be at worst a decent NFL linebacker. Would love to see the Panthers get him, but I'd also like to see him give back a little bit to Wake since you know we were one of only 2 schools to give him a chance to play at the FBS level. :rulz:

How do you know he hasn't given anything to Wake?

How do you know he hasn't given anything to Wake?

You're right, I don't know for sure and if he has I take it back. Giving back means more than just money, to me it means being being proud and promoting your school and it doesn't seem he's done that. Maybe if he did end up with the Panthers that would be easier to do. I'm as big an AC fans as you'll find, but I was disappointed in his tweet or whatever it was, about not really keeping up with anyone at Wake.

Bring him to the Bills. Maybe a change in scenery will help fill the void left by the even more disappointing Aaron Maybin.

Aaron Curry sucks so hard for playing the race card with wake. Boo hoo so many rich white kids there. Boo hoo I felt out of place. Boo hoo wish I went to Carolina. You suck, AC.

Aaron Curry sucks so hard for playing the race card with wake. Boo hoo so many rich white kids there. Boo hoo I felt out of place. Boo hoo wish I went to Carolina. You suck, AC.

Did he really say all that? Very disappointing, I have no doubt AC was treated like a king around Wake Forest.

Exactly when/where did he say that first part? I've seen/heard him say that we were recruiting politically and that he is a fan of Carolina basketball. Even if he did say that, he's not the only one to feel out of place at college, much less at Wake so I don't see the big deal there either.

Was he lying about the rich white kids part?....lol

nomadic and ezdeacz can give me detail than I can. The few times I've seen him play, he just seems out of it. He's a step out of the play, gets handled pretty easily when he rushes, out of position when he drops back. Not sure what the problem is, but he's far from the guy we saw at Wake.

I don't know much. But from what I've seen of Aaron Curry over the last couple years, compared to college, is that he's lost the chip on his shoulder he used to play with. There is a sense of entitlement there now that isn't good for his game. He doesn't run or hit hard every play.

And all this talk about the seahawks being terrible, sure. But they have had pro-bowl linebackers in Lofa Tatupu, Leroy Hill and Julian Peterson. So its not the scheme. He has plenty of opportunity, and is never double teamed.

Back