• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aaron Curry traded to Raiders

I don't know much. But from what I've seen of Aaron Curry over the last couple years, compared to college, is that he's lost the chip on his shoulder he used to play with. There is a sense of entitlement there now that isn't good for his game. He doesn't run or hit hard every play. And all this talk about the seahawks being terrible, sure. But they have had pro-bowl linebackers in Lofa Tatupu, Leroy Hill and Julian Peterson. So its not the scheme. He has plenty of opportunity, and is never double teamed.

Money can do that to guys sometimes. Hate that AC is one of the ones that it did it to.

Well maybe AC can take solace in the fact he is now the biggest Wake pro sports bust ever slipping past Randolph Childress and Kenny Green.

Probably not though.

Well maybe AC can take solace in the fact he is now the biggest Wake pro sports bust ever slipping past Randolph Childress and Kenny Green.

Probably not though.

Definitely a bigger bust than Chill, there were always questions as to whether Chill's game could translate to the NBA, AC was supposed to be an almost can't miss.

Definitely a bigger bust than Chill, there were always questions as to whether Chill's game could translate to the NBA, AC was supposed to be an almost can't miss.

No doubt. I remember people being shocked that Detroit took Chill in the 1st round.

No way. Chill is a much bigger bust. Granted pro expectations were higher for AC, but AC has been a starter for over a year and played a ton of meaninful NFL snaps. Childress never saw more than like 8-9 minutes a game in a handful of games over two seasons. He barely even played in the NBA.

No way. Chill is a much bigger bust. Granted pro expectations were higher for AC, but AC has been a starter for over a year and played a ton of meaninful NFL snaps. Childress never saw more than like 8-9 minutes a game in a handful of games over two seasons. He barely even played in the NBA.

But expectations for Chill were so low it is hard to call him a bust at all. IF (and that is a big if) this is the end of Curry he is a much bigger bust than Chilldress. I still think Chilldress could have made a middling career in the NBA but chose to be a super star overseas.

But expectations for Chill were so low it is hard to call him a bust at all. IF (and that is a big if) this is the end of Curry he is a much bigger bust than Chilldress. I still think Chilldress could have made a middling career in the NBA but chose to be a super star overseas.

Agree completely with this. I'll admit I feel somewhat bad that I don't care if Curry is a bust or not in the NFL. Just the cold shoulder to Wake and the UNC love has left me with little interest in his NFL career.

Aaron Curry is the same old story that you can tell about a Wake grad over and over. He comes out, highly touted with his fancy degree, but he doesn't want to work hard. He thinks the world is just there for him to serve him. So he never embraces all of the things that have been given him and he's just some empty barrell rolling down the street at 2AM, whining. He just wasn't hungry enough.

I don't know about all that. I just know that David Hawthorne for the Hawks was in a very different spot than AC. Undrafted FA out of TCU is now the starting MLB for the hawks who let go of a relatively young 3 time pro bowl MLB lofa because of him. This guy came in and hit anything that moved on any special team, practice or game. He was playing for his NFL livelihood.

Maybe this lights a fire under Curry and he starts to go after it some and let loose and have fun. Being given 20ish mil guaranteed without making 1 NFL tackle is the problem. The new rookie wage scale should prevent some of those nonsense contracts.

Less tweeting. More studying. The NFL defenses have gotten so complex, you need to know where to be in order to be in a position to make a play.

BTTT for the good insight by SDeacz. Maybe that fire is why he just seems out of it. If he doesn't want to play for Seattle, that hurts, too. Maybe fighting for his career in a different franchise will help light that fire.

AC helped give Wake Forest an ACC Championship. Who cares if he tweets about UNC basketball?

BTTT for the good insight by SDeacz. Maybe that fire is why he just seems out of it. If he doesn't want to play for Seattle, that hurts, too. Maybe fighting for his career in a different franchise will help light that fire.

AC helped give Wake Forest an ACC Championship. Who cares if he tweets about UNC basketball?

Not surprisingly it turns the stomach of many. Needs to make peace and seek the umbrella of his Oracle. Repent now.

I think ill just send him a tweet and ask him why he tweets about unc bball so much?

He was a huge Carolina fan as a kid. UNC was his manifest destiny but it never happened.

If he wants to be a fan of Unc hoops that's okay, if that was he childhood team. Kind of sickening to me, buy to each his own. What really bOthers me is that it seems he's disassociated himself from our football program and I don't understand that???

It's OK to like as an adult the team you grew up loving as a kid. It would be nice not to intentionally dismiss your alma mater, though. A lot of us cheered for AC, supported him as fans (and with our wallets), and deserve for him to at least respect that. I will always be a huge fan, but I'm disappointed in him a bit.

If he wants to be a fan of Unc hoops that's okay, if that was he childhood team. Kind of sickening to me, buy to each his own. What really bOthers me is that it seems he's disassociated himself from our football program and I don't understand that???

From what I've seen, it looks like he cares alot about Wake football.
I can understand why some former players don't though. Depends how they view it, as a job or a life enriching experience.

If I recall, there was a game where the players were introduced and they were telling the audience their alma mater... Texas, Alabama, Ole Miss... and then Aaron named his High School.

That is telling. He was a big part of a special group of players at Wake. I have no idea why he is doing this stuff. I'm no psychologist.

If I recall, there was a game where the players were introduced and they were telling the audience their alma mater... Texas, Alabama, Ole Miss... and then Aaron named his High School.

That is telling. He was a big part of a special group of players at Wake. I have no idea why he is doing this stuff. I'm no psychologist.

Maybe he just wanted to give his high school some love on national TV? EE Smith isn't exactly a rich school with a lot going for it. Im sure it means a lot to that community to hear that shoutout. Just because he chose to show love to his HS doesn't mean be hates Wake (he doesn't)

Maybe he just wanted to give his high school some love on national TV? EE Smith isn't exactly a rich school with a lot going for it. Im sure it means a lot to that community to hear that shoutout. Just because he chose to show love to his HS doesn't mean be hates Wake (he doesn't)

That was pretty much what I thought at the time. I'm just adding fuel to the fire here. I would guess that Aaron remembers his days playing for Grobe and playing with his teammates as some of the best times in his life. How could he not?

I believe in his talent. I think all that rain in Seattle has him in a funk. Put that guy in Jacksonville and he's all-pro.

Back