• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Both sides of this debate make me so sad at times.

Why put the $500,000 rule in? Just so stupid.

And do we really think CEO salaries have any meaningful impact on expense and trend?

e53191b1e2a67b08eba70df1377a860b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both sides of this debate make me so sad at times.

Why put the $500,000 rule in? Just so stupid.

And do we really think CEO salaries have any meaningful impact on expense and trend?

Or impacting access to healthcare or the patients' best interest or costs...it really was/is just a stupid rule to contemplate much less include.

Well the whole point was a tax break for the rich.

We can debate the age curve. And we should. The reality is this probably has a net positive impact, AARP talking points aside. In theory, this doesn't impact the average rate, just changes the slope. So people under 30 pay a lot less. And the more under 30s in the pool, the lower the overall rate. So there is science here.

But it will price millions of Americans out of the healthcare market. When you add that to the "tax credits" that will dramatically lower than the subsidies that are in place, millions more will be negatively impacted.

I get that and millions will likely be priced into the market who are priced out now. I predict the subsidies will eventually be adjusted to address this. Its the same argument for gender rating. Up until ~50, women cost more than men. When we "don't discriminate" and charge men and women the same rate, men's rates go up for men and less healthy men stay in the pool. Overall rates are higher too.

We need to address these, albeit not as extreme as this proposed bill WRT financial help.

Guys, actually having to govern is hard.

I wish we could have a fireside chat about this issue. No Trump. No Freedom Caucus. No Pelosi. No Howard Dean.

Just people that really know HC and want to fix it.

I wish we could have a fireside chat about this issue. No Trump. No Freedom Caucus. No Pelosi. No Howard Dean.

Just people that really know HC and want to fix it.

It would sure help if people actually cared about governing and not taking over.

I get that and millions will likely be priced into the market who are priced out now. I predict the subsidies will eventually be adjusted to address this. Its the same argument for gender rating. Up until ~50, women cost more than men. When we "don't discriminate" and charge men and women the same rate, men's rates go up for men and less healthy men stay in the pool. Overall rates are higher too.

We need to address these, albeit not as extreme as this proposed bill WRT financial help.

The red part is exactly opposite of what will happen. More people will be priced out than in.

The red part is exactly opposite of what will happen. More people will be priced out than in.

Listen to someone in the industry or listen to someone who claims to know all? Hmm....

Listen to someone in the industry or listen to someone who claims to know all? Hmm....

So, explain to me how tacking rates even more towards age and dropping subsidies by close to 60% according to the legislation will allow more people 45+ to the market. It's called using common sense and the basic rules of business.

Who do you believe a corporate shill whose livelihood is engaged or the most basic of common sense.

So, explain to me how tacking rates even more towards age and dropping subsidies by close to 60% according to the legislation will allow more people 45+ to the market. It's called using common sense and the basic rules of business.

Who do you believe a corporate shill whose livelihood is engaged or the most basic of common sense.

Over the years, your posts have shown that you do not have common sense.

Typical loser post. Rather than making it about the post make it about me. What this does is illustrate your weakness not mine.

I like how Trump says if they don't pass repeal and replace the 2018 midterms will be a bloodbath. Self awareness is not one of his traits.

Back