• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Basketball Media Day (Wake picked 13th)

We better as fuck not play every single player and name every single player a "captain". This isn't 7 year old YMCA sports, for fuck's sake.

"We’re going to play a little bit different than we have in the past,’’ [Redacted] said. “We’re going to press. We’re going to press to speed up the game, we’re going to press to slow up the game. We’re going to play some zone. We’re going to play some man.
"You’d better be better, or you’d better be different.’’

"Or you better be just throwing out random shit at a wall and hoping something sticks because you have no clue what you want to do with the team that you've assembled," [Redacted] added.

"We’re going to play a little bit different than we have in the past,’’ [Redacted] said. “We’re going to press. We’re going to press to speed up the game, we’re going to press to slow up the game. We’re going to play some zone. We’re going to play some man.
"You’d better be better, or you’d better be different.’’

"Or you better be just throwing out random shit at a wall and hoping something sticks because you have no clue what you want to do with the team that you've assembled," [Redacted] added.

The "Steed Lobotzke plan for success"

Hey Deman picked us to finish 7th. I guess this explains how UNC somehow got a first place vote and State got a 5th place vote.

Hey Deman picked us to finish 7th. I guess this explains how UNC somehow got a first place vote and State got a 5th place vote.

I honestly don't think the Carolina pick was that dumb. I think Duke is the best team, but with 15 teams a lot of this can come down to how favorable a schedule is. I do think State at 5 is absolutely ridiculous as I expect Wake to probably be better than them this season.

With regards to Wake being picked 7th by Deman, I think you can only definitively say that Wake is better than Clemson, Miami and Virginia Tech.

Last edited:
The interpretation of "our asset is our depth", 11 players will be in the rotation by Christmas, and especially "you'd better be better, or you'd better be different" is pretty obvious ... even Bz recognizes that we are not very good, particularly when considering our conference schedule. He is grasping at straws in his fourth year when he finds himself surrounded by generally good guys who are solid but not spectacular players at this level or who are playing out of position (several bigs). Very few of our players would be starters on any ACC-title contending team.

The greatest shame of it all (other than Bz being allowed to return for a 4th year of this mess) is that he is pushing McClinton into the mix this year. Of course, Greg wants to play now, but there is a serious question as to whether it is in his best interest. Make no mistake, the staff is feeling the heat, and that fact is affecting many of their decisions. It is hard enough for any freshman to make the transition to top-tier college ball when they have the summer and fall to get ready ... the speed of the game is still greater than anything they have ever experienced. Greg is coming off major knee surgery and will be allowed to play ASAP in the hopes that he might help to salvage the season for Bz. Combined with the fact that he will be part of an acknowledged 11-man rotation at that point, I fear that this season will be a wasted one for him. It is my opinion that it would be better in the long run for him and for WF if there was someone who would make the decision to not rush him back and throw him into the fray in hopes that he might make the slimmest of a difference in a game or two down the stretch. Four years from now, the WFU men's basketball coach might wish that had been done.

There is absolutely NO reason for McClinton to waste a year of eligibility when he's not game-ready, let alone ACC-ready. Keep telling us you're doing everything in the best interest of the program, Jeff and Ron.

i'm glad every decision bzz makes is in the long term interest of wake forest basketball and doing things the win now... uh... wake forest way.

ESPN put [Redacted] on for around 7 seconds of their media day special thus far. Even that was more painful to watch than listening to the VT coach trying to speak English.

Last edited:
There is absolutely NO reason for McClinton to waste a year of eligibility when he's not game-ready, let alone ACC-ready. Keep telling us you're doing everything in the best interest of the program, Jeff and Ron.

It seems like there's a clear precedent of [Redacted] rushing players back.

The longer he stays, the bigger disaster the program will be in 2016. We have to get rid of him now before things get even worse. Our future coach will need time to straighten up the mess [Redacted] has created with unbalanced scholarships.

Aren't McClinton's biggest strengths his motor and athleticism? Seems unlikely he will be very effective if he's rushed back.

Yeah the biggest thing is that GMc plays the position at which we need the least help. We have plenty of SFs. If he was a SG or a decent C it would be a different story, but playing him this season is a waste.

I don't get all of this depth talk. We lost CJ and Chase and added Coron and Overton. Sounds like it's a wash to me.

Back