• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament: #12 Wake vs #13 Notre Dame (Wed@1PM ESPN2)

Brendan207

Reaction score
So.... looks like we're playing against Notre Dame on Wednesday in the opening round of the ACC Tournament. Winner gets a date with #5 seed Pittsburgh on Thursday at 2:30PM.

As you can probably remember, Wake only played against Notre Dame once this season... a 65-58 home win. Devin had a monster game with 21 points, Travis had 14, and CMM put up 6 of his 8 in the last 2 minutes to seal our win.

I honestly don't know much about Notre Dame. I do know we're terrible on the road, Buzz sucks and has never won an ACC Tournament game... and we haven't beaten any team twice all season.

For those who can stomach it the game will be televised on ESPN2.

We are terrible, but Notre Dame appears to be as well. Could be a battle of who wants their season over the most.

If we beat Notre Dame - does it really count as a win in the ACC Tournament for [Redacted]? Seriously? We are playing in the play-in to the actual play-in day (Thursday). The real "tournament" starts on Friday.

If we beat Notre Dame - does it really count as a win in the ACC Tournament for [Redacted]? Seriously? We are playing in the play-in to the actual play-in day (Thursday). The real "tournament" starts on Friday.

This. Infuriating they call the play-in games for the ACC and NCAA tourneys the "first round" now. Just getting a normal NCAA bid now counts as making it to the "2nd round" of the NCAA tournament.

Such bullshit. If we beat shitty Notre Dame and get crushed by Pitt and we have to listen to how [Redacted] gets to go out accomplishing something that hadn't been done since Prosser I'm going to throw up.

No reason to believe we will show up for this game. Would be surprised if we win.

The only reason I want to win is so that Travis doesn't become the only Wake player since the ACC began not to have won a postseason game.

I think ND will win. Unfortunate for Travis.

ACC Tournament Friday used to be one of the best days of the year. In Jr High, the teachers would always bring out a TV to watch. It was special.

Anything with WFU playing Notre Dame on a Wed afternoon, with the winner advances to play PITT, should not be called the ACC Tournament.

ACC Tournament Friday used to be one of the best days of the year. In Jr High, the teachers would always bring out a TV to watch. It was special.

Anything with WFU playing Notre Dame on a Wed afternoon, with the winner advances to play PITT, should not be called the ACC Tournament.

Same here. Then once we got to high school, we would skip after first period and go to the coliseum. We didn't have to make up an excuse either, because half the teachers were already at the coliseum.

Attendance expected to be 400 people. Only family and friends invited.

Honestly wondering if ND fans will show at ACCT's. Maybe not this year because they suck and are playing the coffee show, but generally, like in a year when they're 6th or so .

Back