• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament: #12 Wake vs #13 Notre Dame (Wed@1PM ESPN2)

What is it like to have hope for the postseason? Maybe some day we'll know that feeling again.

Someone should photo shop Wellman in a Buzz Out t-shirt place on a poster for display at 3 PM on Wednesday...

I'm going against the grain. I think we will beat ND.

This. Infuriating they call the play-in games for the ACC and NCAA tourneys the "first round" now. Just getting a normal NCAA bid now counts as making it to the "2nd round" of the NCAA tournament.

Such bullshit. If we beat shitty Notre Dame and get crushed by Pitt and we have to listen to how [Redacted] gets to go out accomplishing something that hadn't been done since Prosser I'm going to throw up.

Agreed. A 5 day conference tournament is ridiculous. Make the regular season count a little more and cap it at 8 teams (12 at worst).

Agreed. A 5 day conference tournament is ridiculous. Make the regular season count a little more and cap it at 8 teams (12 at worst).

Makes sense from a competitive standpoint and from Joe Fan, but schools won't go for it because it'll hurt advance ticket package sales. Gotta grease the wheel you know.

ACC Tournament Friday used to be one of the best days of the year. In Jr High, the teachers would always bring out a TV to watch. It was special.

Anything with WFU playing Notre Dame on a Wed afternoon, with the winner advances to play PITT, should not be called the ACC Tournament.
This. Everything about the game just makes me sad.

By the way, every ACC team except UVA (and the ones that joined this year) have won at least 3 ACC tournament games since we won our last one.

The only reason I want to win is so that Travis doesn't become the only Wake player since the ACC began not to have won a postseason game.

Technically, he's just the first 4-year letter winner in a society that has a real culture problem to deal with...

Of course then Wake won't get to go at all to the ACCT for the foreseeable future.

Makes sense from a competitive standpoint and from Joe Fan, but schools won't go for it because it'll hurt advance ticket package sales. Gotta grease the wheel you know.

I don't think the books include Wednesday's games, do they? I think Wednesday ticket sales (if there are even are any) would be last-minute purchases by the fans of those teams. If you capped it at 8, you'd be able to capitalize off of those 8 fanbases for all 3 days, instead of having some sections not sell out because the teams are pathetic and everyone knows we will get housed early.

I'm going against the grain. I think we will beat ND.

I think Travis is going to have a monster game. ND sucks. Looking forward to watching, I don't believe the team will lay down. Go Deacs.

ND's 2 best players, Sherman and Atkins, are both seniors. They have postseason experience. Wish I could pick the Deacs for Travis' sake, but I just don't see it.

Anyone know when fan fest will open up prior to Thursday night session?

Honestly wondering if ND fans will show at ACCT's. Maybe not this year because they suck and are playing the coffee show, but generally, like in a year when they're 6th or so .

The answer to this is No. They can't get fans to come to home games let alone travel to watch them play. Amazing they can get 150,000 people to tailgate for every football game, but can't manage to get 9k of them to watch the bball team. The men 's attendance pales in comparison to the women.

The only reason I want to win is so that Travis doesn't become the only Wake player since the ACC began not to have won a postseason game.

Sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.

I hate that we're the first game, can't test out that streaming will work first. May have to plan on a late lunch and jet out to a bar if stream doesn't work.

Back