• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament: #12 Wake vs #13 Notre Dame (Wed@1PM ESPN2)

I hate that we're the first game, can't test out that streaming will work first. May have to plan on a late lunch and jet out to a bar if stream doesn't work.

Why?

The only way I would make any effort to watch is if Bz is fired or resigns before the game.

Why?

The only way I would make any effort to watch is if Bz is fired or resigns before the game.

I would watch if Bz resigns during the game. :thumbsup:

I'm still not counting my chickens until they've hatched. As knot headed as Wellman is he just might keep Bzz another year. :rulz:

What if for the ACC tournament, we ended the season a few days early, and made the bottom 12 teams play a play in game on Saturday and Sunday prior to the tournament. Top 4 seeds get a bye. Games are played at higher seed's home stadium. Take the four winners and pair them with the four bye teams, and start an 8 team tournament on Friday.

ETA: Shit, I didn't get my math straight. So, fuck the bottom four teams (Wake, etc.). Top 4 get a bye. Bottom 4 left out. Middle 8 play play-in weekend (5 v. 12...). Then start the tournament with Quarterfinal Friday. Special bonus, the bottom 4 could play a round robin in the Bz Invitational for the Toilet Trophy.

Last edited:
What if for the ACC tournament, we ended the season a few days early, and made the bottom 12 teams play a play in game on Saturday and Sunday prior to the tournament (5 v. 16, 6 v. 15, etc.). Top 4 seeds get a bye. Games are played at higher seed's home stadium. Take the four winners and pair them with the four bye teams, and start an 8 team tournament on Friday.

Yeah. What if?

Butthead!

I think they should play the first two rounds the same day. You finish in the bottom four? Deal with it.

In over forty years of living and dying with Wake bball, I've never had a single Deac ACCT game that I was conflicted about winning until this one. This is sad.

I don't think I can pull against Wake, but we will all be better off losing this one

Just looked at the box score of that Harvey Hale ACC Tourney game in Tampa... we were 16-23 from 3 that day. Absolutely ridiculous.

Just looked at the box score of that Harvey Hale ACC Tourney game in Tampa... we were 16-23 from 3 that day. Absolutely ridiculous.

So we had the "hot hand" as a team is basically what you are saying, right?

In over forty years of living and dying with Wake bball, I've never had a single Deac ACCT game that I was conflicted about winning until this one. This is sad.

I'm with ya for about 35 of those 40. Euthanasia is never fun, but is sometimes necessary. We need to be put out of our misery.

ND was missing some players the last time we played them. How is their roster holding up for our ACCT engagement?

ND was missing some players the last time we played them. How is their roster holding up for our ACCT engagement?
They were missing 6-10 senior Tom Knight, who will help ND on the boards, and Austin Burgett. Sounds like Garrick Sherman will be good to go after missing the UNC game with a dislocated finger.

Jesus. Playing 30 minutes from campus, we are a 3.5 point dog to the #13 seed from Indiana on a Wednesday afternoon in the ACC Tournament.
rock-bottom.jpg

I can't really remember us winning an ACC Tournament game in my entire lifetime as a Deac. Definitely seen a few losses in person, many of them disappointing. Never remember us making a "run" at any point. I'm post-Duncan era obvs. Would love to see us make one this year but still not be enough for Buzz. Conflicted though, wouldn't want that to be a reason we kept Buzz for any more time.

Bottom four teams shouldn't even make the tournament. With the expanded ACC, the bottom four teams(will always be terrible with terrible records) and have no chance of winning 5 games in 5 days. That should be those teams punishment for not being competitive.

Back