• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Going to New York City

Yeah it should never be played in the city that is the actual home of the conference office

There's a reason the Big East died, you cunts.

Yeah it should never be played in the city that is the actual home of the conference office

Oh noes! The Big East died because it's basketball tourney was in NYC! We're doomed!

the Big East's home office was in Rhode Island.

Cool. The ACC is going to be Big East Light. Go for it. Screw your roots and whore yourself out.

I say this for effect or course.

The conference is trying to raise its national profile. If the ACC succeeds in making itself the power conference of the East Coast then this will be great for Wake and it's visibility.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when the conference announces 3 tourneys in a row in Greensboro in a few years.

The conference has expanded its footprint and shot move the tournament around, including the NE. But the majority of teams are southern based and playing the tournament in NYC every year would be just silly.

Just another nail in college basketball's coffin. Yeah!

Because the only thing that matters is big cities full of cunt rags and money.

I kind of hope it just dies now. College basketball use to be worth it.

Every cunt rag I know lives outside the city. We are your overlords so we will have you neutered for this

The conference has expanded its footprint and shot move the tournament around, including the NE. But the majority of teams are southern based and playing the tournament in NYC every year would be just silly.

Which is why Charlotte or Atlanta should host the tournament at least 2 out of every 4 years.

It just should never be in Greensboro. Those that are from NC don't understand what a crappy trip that is for the rest of the ACC. There's no easy way to fly there, there's terrible hotel accommodations and there's literally nothing to do if you're visiting. It's wonderful for the NC school (and Clemson) fans that can drive quickly and don't have to make a vacation out of it, but if you think Syracuse, Louisville and Pittsburgh fans are going to want to visit Greensboro anymore than GT / Maryland / FSU fans ever did you're insane.

The Greensboro tournaments for the non-NC schools was just an arrogant rubbing of our noses in the fact that the Triangle schools ran the conference however they wanted.

Which is why Charlotte or Atlanta should host the tournament at least 2 out of every 4 years.

It just should never be in Greensboro. Those that are from NC don't understand what a crappy trip that is for the rest of the ACC. There's no easy way to fly there, there's terrible hotel accommodations and there's literally nothing to do if you're visiting. It's wonderful for the NC school (and Clemson) fans that can drive quickly and don't have to make a vacation out of it, but if you think Syracuse, Louisville and Pittsburgh fans are going to want to visit Greensboro anymore than GT / Maryland / FSU fans ever did you're insane. The Greensboro tournaments for the non-NC schools was just an arrogant rubbing of our noses in the fact that the Triangle schools ran the conference however they wanted.

Add Virgina Tech and UVa to that list. That's 7 schools within a short driving distance.

Maryland always showed up en masse whenever I went to Greensboro tournaments. That's probably a 6-hour haul.

Add Virgina Tech and UVa to that list. That's 7 schools within a short driving distance.

And Tech is within reasonable driving distance.

The dumbest part of this discussion is people acting like Greensboro wasn't a major venue. It hosted a Final Four awhile back and has been a 1st/2nd round site several times. It's still drivable from most conference sites and a very easy drive for fans in GA, SC, NC, and VA where most ACC fans live.

Honestly, I don't know why people would fly to the ACC Tournament nowadays anyway. If your team is good enough that you'd invest time going, then drive to the ACC Tournament and fly to the NCAAT site.

And Tech is within reasonable driving distance

And from Atlanta, you drive through Charlotte on the way to Greensboro ... which is a much better city to visit, to stay in and a much better arena to watch the event in.

I definitely think the tournament should be in NC once every 4 years, I just think it should always be in Charlotte and not the dump that is Greensboro.

And Tech is within reasonable driving distance.

The dumbest part of this discussion is people acting like Greensboro wasn't a major venue. It hosted a Final Four awhile back and has been a 1st/2nd round site several times. It's still drivable from most conference sites and a very easy drive for fans in GA, SC, NC, and VA where most ACC fans live.

Honestly, I don't know why people would fly to the ACC Tournament nowadays anyway. If your team is good enough that you'd invest time going, then drive to the ACC Tournament and fly to the NCAAT site.

Greensboro hosted the Final Four almost 40 years ago. But I agree that it is a major venue. It is also one of the largest true basketball (non-football) arenas on the east coast.

And from Atlanta, you drive through Charlotte on the way to Greensboro ... which is a much better city to visit, to stay in and a much better arena to watch the event in.

I definitely think the tournament should be in NC once every 4 years, I just think it should always be in Charlotte and not the dump that is Greensboro.

Charlotte has a lot of positives over Greensboro, but TWC is not a good very good arena to watch basketball in. Greensboro is a very good basketball arena.

Yeah, Charlotte is totally made for box seats, but that isn't what the ACC tournament is really about.

Not a big fan of rotating the Tournament; in my mind just takes away the ability to build a lasting tradition in a building. But ecstatic that they will be coming to NYC. No better place to hold a tourney.

Back