• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Tournament Going to New York City

Cue the "you're such a fucking old grump" responses but anyone else really wish we had the ACC from the early 90s? Eight then nine teams and round-robin play all year and a tournament in Greensboro. That was the ACC. The shit we have today is like head-cheese. All kinds of unmatched shit, squished together, wrapped in a pretty package which hides what's inside, and sold to the highest bidder.

At least we don't have to listen to Gary Williams bitch about the tournament always being in Gboro. Just wait until FSU and Miami play for the Title in good ol' NYC. It could mebbe happen...

Round robin of eight teams (at least four of which were T25/voter getters) was the ACC. What's happening now...isn't.

Syracuse v. Louisville for the "ACC" title in New York? No thanks.

Fine with NYC, not as sure with Brooklyn rather than MSG. How long is MSG tied to the other conference?

It should only be in Greensboro #fail

Maybe we can try Macon, GA or Roanoke, VA.

Last edited:
Fine with NYC, not as sure with Brooklyn rather than MSG. How long is MSG tied to the other conference?

I believe there was an article (maybe NY Post) months ago about the NEW Big East's contract with MSG. I think its a six year contract but there is a out clause, maybe half way through, if attendance falls below a certain threshold. the best traveling fans in the old Big East were always been UConn and 'Cuse.

Round robin of eight teams (at least four of which were T25/voter getters) was the ACC. What's happening now...isn't.

Syracuse v. Louisville for the "ACC" title in New York? No thanks.

Just wait until UNC is good again. You'll come around.

Y'all clamoring for MSG over Barclays clearly haven't been to either in a really long time.

And to y'all NYC haters - find a mid-level hotel in Times Square, take your wives to a nice Italian dinner and a show, take in some good basketball in one of the better venues to watch basketball on Earth, and stfu. Jesus, GSO>NYC? C'mon, son.

Just wait until UNC is good again. You'll come around.

Y'all clamoring for MSG over Barclays clearly haven't been to either in a really long time.

And to y'all NYC haters - find a mid-level hotel in Times Square, take your wives to a nice Italian dinner and a show, take in some good basketball in one of the better venues to watch basketball on Earth, and stfu. Jesus, GSO>NYC? C'mon, son.

I'd rather pay a couple hundred bucks to see this conference tournament, not a couple thousand

Cue the "you're such a fucking old grump" responses but anyone else really wish we had the ACC from the early 90s? Eight then nine teams and round-robin play all year and a tournament in Greensboro. That was the ACC. The shit we have today is like head-cheese. All kinds of unmatched shit, squished together, wrapped in a pretty package which hides what's inside, and sold to the highest bidder.

At least we don't have to listen to Gary Williams bitch about the tournament always being in Gboro. Just wait until FSU and Miami play for the Title in good ol' NYC. It could mebbe happen...

I agree with this except to point out that in the early '90s the ACC Tourney was in Charlotte. It didn't come back to Greensboro in 1995 (which was a pretty good tourney)

I agree with this except to point out that in the early '90s the ACC Tourney was in Charlotte. It didn't come back to Greensboro in 1995 (which was a pretty good tourney)

Charlotte/Gboro... all the same. Good times. You gave a damn not only about your team but every other team in the conference. You had to know who was signing who and what they had for the season since you KNEW you had to play 'em at least twice.

Now? Meh.

I hope you are enjoying your visit to THESE United States. When does your green card expire?

Say what mothafucker? Park Slope is filled with multi-ethnicity, mixed race couples, same sex couples, young and old, babies and grannies (LOTS OF BABIES). It is our future. Oh, and everyone makes fucking buckets of money. They are our future overlords so speak well of them.

Say what mothafucker? Park Slope is filled with multi-ethnicity, mixed race couples, same sex couples, young and old, babies and grannies (LOTS OF BABIES). It is our future. Oh, and everyone makes fucking buckets of money. They are our future overlords so speak well of them.

You should refresh your knowledge of vowels, read his post again, then get back to me.

I think we should secede from the union! Fuck those stupid Yankees and the way they talk!

If I am taking a trip to NYC with the wife, it isn't to watch the ACC tournament.

Charlotte/Gboro... all the same. Good times. You gave a damn not only about your team but every other team in the conference. You had to know who was signing who and what they had for the season since you KNEW you had to play 'em at least twice.

Now? Meh.

This is the biggest thing for me. With all the upheaval (and maybe just as I've gotten older and my priorities have changed) I couldn't tell you who's on Georgia Tech's team this year until we play them. I used to know the ins and outs of every team in the conference.

Well, that's nice to know. Out of curiosity, what are a couple of them? (You can PM me if you think that publically agreeing with me on anything will endanger your standing on the board. Kind of like Mitch McConnell agreeing with Democrats about anything now, with his upcoming Tea Party primary challenge next year.)

Facepalm

Back