• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Activism in Sports (or Official Knots Thread)

mechanics washing their hands before using it?

I would assume they have clean hands when they open the garage to start the day. And pit garages at racetracks like Talladega aren't used everyday anyway.

mechanics washing their hands before using it?

Yeah they’re clean when they get there and when they leave and likely gloved while there. I put some on the bay doors in my gym 5 years ago. They’re still as vibrant as the day they got put up.

Absolute best case generous scenario is that the garage had a pull rope fashioned to look like a noose for a while and no one thought to remove the obviously racially offensive symbol.

I believe a simple bowline or tautline hitch may have been better suited to purpose here.

You certainly wouldn't wan't a slip knot.

I just dont think there is anyway that wasn't left there specifically for Bubba. It could be one hell of a coincidence, but I really, really doubt it.

Anyway it was 100% a fucking noose, no doubt about that.

if it was in fact left since last year I'd be interested to see the racial make-up of the pit crew that was using it at the time

a rollercoaster of a story

first it was a noose
then it might not have been a noose and social media was the culprit for making a mountain out of a molehill
then it was definitely a noose and Bubba's is the sole garage with that style of knot

maybe the people rushing to judge people for rushing to judgement should wait before all the facts are out? *shrug*

but like when do you even know all the facts are out

I did, and I could nitpick a few other things but it’s damn Alabama football.

You certainly wouldn't wan't a slip knot.

I just dont think there is anyway that wasn't left there specifically for Bubba. It could be one hell of a coincidence, but I really, really doubt it.

Anyway it was 100% a fucking noose, no doubt about that.

I don’t know man. Only 7 wraps on that loop, it’s traditionally 13. Maybe someone was just fucking around and accidentally tied an almost noose.

Back