• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adele Dissected [WARNING: Music Theory Related]

i think it's pretty impressive that you can hear about 3 or 4 songs from that album on the radio, though. That's not common.

I don't think I've ever heard a single one on the radio. Were it not for RDToy, I probably still wouldn't know Adele. Obviously, I should actually mix things up a little.

i think it's pretty impressive that you can hear about 3 or 4 songs from that album on the radio, though. That's not common.

Seems like most of the big female pop stars get at least 3 songs on the air from each album - Gaga, KP, Beyonce.

Hootie and the Blowfish got four off of Cracked Rear View!

Back in the 80's you'd get 5 or 6 songs off a popular album. 7 out of 9 songs from Thriller got extensive airplay. Van Halen's 1984 and 5150 both had 4 songs.

so, almost 30 years ago? awesome, dude. I'm aware that the industry was different back then. I'm talking now in the age of iTunes, corporate music and 15 second attention spans.

so, almost 30 years ago? awesome, dude. I'm aware that the industry was different back then. I'm talking now in the age of iTunes, corporate music and 15 second attention spans.

Yeah, I realize that. Provides an interesting basis of comparison. It's a discusssion board. You may discuss my post.

This is a forum.

Definition of forum:
a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

Stop calling me a dwarf.

well, i apologize, then. i thought you were making a different point.

If I were a dwarf-caller, you'd definitely fall into the Dorf on Golf category.

Oh man. I just looked at that whole DHD photoshoot.

Dude spent like an entire year getting jacked so he could take those photos. For a long time he was detailing his workout regimen on the boards, which was...extreme. There were even arguments about whether it was worth the amount of time he was spending away from his kid. The goal at the end, IIRC, was to do the photoshoot and have a big party. [NOTE: this is where OldGoldBeard needs to step in and help clarify, as he is the Boards historian]

All the leather is a bit off-putting, but to his credit, DHD definitely got into shape. And he seems like a good dude. Hopefully he can laugh about it the whole thing.

I remember that he was throwing the big party because he wanted to buy a ton of liquor. I somehow knew nothing of the photoshoot.

I just right-clicked on the pic and found the URL for the pic. I pasted that into my browser and changed the number (1-9) to see the other pics. Say Hey may have a direct link.

Back