• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adele Dissected [WARNING: Music Theory Related]

He is a seexyyy man

But pretty sure that hasn't been posted on these boards so I don't know that he's given consent for that picture.

Last edited:
So re: "you get what you deserve for posting your picture". Whether or not you think someone should post their picture - having their picture reposted and it being insinuated that they're fat is over the line.

woops read it wrong, thought i read he hasn't posted on the new boards.

The women are forming a lynch mob. Adios Say Hey......I will keep the challenge threads going while you're in ban camp.

back on topic, would an average sized row boat support Adele without capsizing?

This episode of The Office is on TBS right now.

Actually, getting this thread back on the original topic, the use of dissonance in music is awesome, and usually much more interesting to me than "happy" music.

Wait, that's a joke right? The dude took those pics specifically to show off his shredded bod and posted them all over the boards and interwebz. It's not like I hacked into his facebook account and posted his personal album.

NPR is way too overthinking, as usual. Adele's song is depressing and sad because the descending, repeating verses include a C sharp minor and F sharp minor, which are two of the saddest keys available. Plus she's singing about depressing shit and doing it effectively.

NPR is way too overthinking, as usual. Adele's song is depressing and sad because the descending, repeating verses include a C sharp minor and F sharp minor, which are two of the saddest keys available. Plus she's singing about depressing shit and doing it effectively.

No. D Minor is the saddest of all keys.

Wait, that's a joke right? The dude took those pics specifically to show off his shredded bod and posted them all over the boards and interwebz. It's not like I hacked into his facebook account and posted his personal album.

He posted them on the old boards and had such a backlash that I doubt he would have ever posted them again.

No. D Minor is the saddest of all keys.

as funny as that scene is, its brilliance lies in the fact that D minor is indeed a very depressing key.

All minor chords are pretty damn depressing, but F sharp minor and C sharp minor are two of the most depressing keys around. Technically, the Adele song starts in A major and is therefore written in that key, but still incorporates those two chords in the progression before ending on some kind of goofy D-ish chord. And really, F is a depressing chord regardless of whether it's major, minor, or sharp, IMO. A descending chord progression like she uses is another way to add a depressing feel to a song.

what kind of douche posts pics like that of himself? Was he trying to corner the market on the old board's gay posters or something?

so after all this discussion about adele and her place in the music world, i got in my car to drive out to my grandparents house for dinner yesterday and every single channel played at least 15 adele songs. i see everyone's frustration now. glad i spend no time driving around in a car.

Back