• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adele Dissected [WARNING: Music Theory Related]

really surprised at the Adele hate

I am with you Captain. I realize that the main people who would respond to a post about Adele either really like her or really dislike her. Haters are much more opinionated than those who like her music, especially on a primarily college aged message board.

I just amazes me that people can find a reason to hate almost anything on this board. Adele seems has an incredible voice and seems like a pretty likable person without the baggage that comes with 95% of the musicians out there. I like her music but no more than lots of other artists.

Haters are gonna hate I guess but you can find much more deserving people to focus your hate on.

I wish her shit wasn't played so much on the radio. Makes it difficult to enjoy those songs.

I wish her shit wasn't played so much on the radio. Makes it difficult to enjoy those songs.

My antenna fell off my car a year ago and I haven't screwed it back on. NPR is the only station that really comes in clearly, so I haven't been overexposed to Adele. It's pretty good stuff.

Yeah, I'm surprised at the Adele hate as well. I can't ever remember a singer whose songs were played so much on the radio though. She has got to be breaking some type of record with that.

The other day, I heard Adele on at the same time on 3 different radio stations.

My antenna fell off my car a year ago and I haven't screwed it back on. NPR is the only station that really comes in clearly, so I haven't been overexposed to Adele. It's pretty good stuff.

Nice. I've been listening to NPR a lot recently due to the sheer miserableness that is Cincinnati radio.

Yeah, I'm surprised at the Adele hate as well. I can't ever remember a singer whose songs were played so much on the radio though. She has got to be breaking some type of record with that.

I think this sums up my opinion,

Adele and her music dont bother me, the fact that they are overplayed bothers me

My fav artists: Adele, Queen Latifah, Notorious BIG, Reuben, Missy Elliot before she got skinny, Meatloaf.

Well I was trying to be modest but I guess I AM one of my fav artists! You picked one of my best vids!

Do you like anything? I mean, anything at all, or do you just hate on the entire world, except for Atlanta, which sucks.

So because I don't like a studio-produced orka who cant stop smoking long enough for her only money maker to stay healthy, I hate the world? Gotcha.

If you read the usic thread, you would see that I like tons of much more interesting bands and acts. I would tell you why they are all much more engaging than Adele, but it would likey fly right over you sparsely follicled head, and you would likely get bored and go grab a ding-dong, watch an Adele video, and have a good cry.

So because I don't like a studio-produced orka who cant stop smoking long enough for her only money maker to stay healthy, I hate the world? Gotcha.

If you read the usic thread, you would see that I like tons of much more interesting bands and acts. I would tell you why they are all much more engaging than Adele, but it would likey fly right over you sparsely follicled head, and you would likely get bored and go grab a ding-dong, watch an Adele video, and have a good cry.

I wasn't just talking about Adele, or only music for that matter. It's just that all you ever do on here is talk shit about how awful everything is.

For the record, I only ever even heard of Adele in the past few months as pop music is not really anything I listen to. With that said, I can admit that she has an incredible voice, I do think a lot of her songs are catchy (hence POPular), and I don't give a rat's ass what she looks like because she is singing and I am not looking at her.

As far as grabbing a ding-dong, no thanks. I don't like them. Not really sure why "sparsely-follicled head" is aimed my way, but OK...

And referring to another band or artist as OBJECTIVELY more engaging or better than Adele makes no sense, as it is purely your opinion. And I find your opinion worthless, since all your arguments are not even legitimate arguments. They're simply you railing about how everything sucks.

Phil Collins No Jacket Required was the most radio saturation I can remember.

Does this ugly shirt make me look fat?

2007445_adele6.jpg

Smiling at the "car antenna = poor" tag. It's a 2001 Suburban and I'm planning to drive it another five years. Looking forward to getting that XM Radio free trial.

Back