• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Admit It: Classic/Famous Movies You've Never Seen

Most of the Harry Potter movies and all of the Pirates movies.

One night one of the Godfathers was on a random cable channel and I flipped onto it and it just looked SO old and dated. I couldn't watch.

I really need cell phones in my movies unless they're period pieces.

2001: A Space Odyssey.

OK, I actually finally watched it within the past week. And I thought it was fantastic, in the best sense of the word.

The Big Lebowski
A Clockwork Orange
Citizen Kane
Raging Bull
Taxi Driver
Godfather 3
Sound Of Music
Caddyshack

I've heard a lot lately about The Birth of a Nation (1915) lately but have never seen it. Its one of the most influential (not necessarily a good thing) movies of all time. I'm amazed that you can watch the entire movie online, if you have 3 hours.

I've heard a lot lately about The Birth of a Nation (1915) lately but have never seen it. Its one of the most influential (not necessarily a good thing) movies of all time. I'm amazed that you can watch the entire movie online, if you have 3 hours.

Book was, sadly, written by Wake alumnus, Thomas Dixon.

Yeah I've never seen most of the ones mentioned so far, except for like Harry Potter and Star Wars. It blows my mind how I can tell people that in general I've never seen any of the classic movies, and then they name one and when I say "nope" they go WHAAAAAAT

DDA was one of those people, and to his credit he tried to remedy that by forcing me to watch such movies, but we only got a few movies in before he had to move away. WHY DDA WHHYYYYYY

Intolerance is a much better watch than Birth of a Nation simply due to its epic scale. It may have been the very first epic. It is still difficult to watch though. I think I had to watch it in one hour spurts over a period of 3 days because that kind of film doesn't do well in today's ADHD world. Charlie Chaplin movies and other silent comedies are the only ones I can watch in a single sitting.

I would STRONGLY recommend that anybody interested in doing so go down the AFI top 100 lists and put them in your Netflix queue. It is a very enjoyable project, especially if you watch the making ofs and special features that come with many of the movies because many talk in detail about the restrictions of the time (Hays Code) and why movies were the way they were. You will gain an appreciation for the art of film, and in particular early filmmaking.

Back