• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Adrian Peterson Indicted for Child Abuse

He's been deactivated for the game this weekend vs. the Patriots.

Very likely the prosecutor tried to bring stronger charges the first time and the grand jury didn't indict on those. He returned with lesser charges and they indicted this time.

ah makes sense, although in looking at the state law, it seems pretty obvious that there was only one area in the law governing child abuse where he would be indicted and that's 22.04(a)(3) http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/5/22/22.04

Adrian Peterson is a POS. Any man who fathers 6 or 7 children by multiple women without any lasting relationship with any of them is a sorry SOB. The fact that he is paid a lot of money to play a game doesn't change that fact.

However, I'm sure that the powers that be will work all of this out...and pay off whomever needs to be paid off....so that they will have Peterson ready to play in a goddamned football game this Sunday. We need to keep our priorities straight when little things like this come up from time to time.

He's already been deactivated and will not play this weekend.

BKF is just mad that Peterson gets more pussy than he ever did.

More info, including statement from attorney http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...o-harm-his-son

Hours after news surfaced that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson had been indicted in Texas for "reckless or negligent injury to a child," his attorney, Rusty Hardin, released the following statement:

“Adrian Peterson has been informed that he was indicted by a grand jury in Montgomery County, Texas for Injury to a Child. The charged conduct involves using a switch to spank his son. This indictment follows Adrian's full cooperation with authorities who have been looking into this matter. Adrian is a loving father who used his judgment as a parent to discipline his son. He used the same kind of discipline with his child that he experienced as a child growing up in east Texas. Adrian has never hidden from what happened. He has cooperated fully with authorities and voluntarily testified before the grand jury for several hours. Adrian will address the charges with the same respect and responsiveness he has brought to this inquiry from its beginning. It is important to remember that Adrian never intended to harm his son and deeply regrets the unintentional injury.”

According to Sports Radio 610, which obtained a copy of the police reports: "Peterson's son had pushed another one of Peterson's children off of a motorbike video game. As punishment, Peterson grabbed a tree branch -- which he consistently referred to as a 'switch' -- removed the leaves and struck the child repeatedly."

Meanwhile, police reports tell a different story. via of Sports Radio 610:

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that “Daddy Peterson hit me on my face.” The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that “there are a lot of belts in Daddy's closet.” He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson “likes belts and switches” and “has a whooping room.”

That's a shocker. I guess the league has to try to put up a different front for a while until the Ray Rice saga moves off the front page and the spotlight isn't shining quite as brightly on it. Then I'm sure it will be back to business as usual for the NFL....until the next PR fiasco comes along. Which it will, because these guys think that laws made for others do not apply to them.
The Vikings deactivated him. The NFL played no part in that decision.

(I'm not sure bkf can even read this, I did quote a Townie post yesterday after all)

I'm guessing that AD can exert much less effort during a whooping and still get a more effective result than most of us can. I don't doubt he was doing it the way it was when he was growing up, but the dude is freakishly strong. Plea it down to some community service and a fine. I want to see him play some football. Too bad he'll miss that shitty run defense of the Pats this weekend.

Back