• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

Its all about the TIER 1 sources baby!! shit or get off the pot.

And what happened after that? Oh the entire basketball world closed down.

There's no loss to be taken. But if it makes you feel less insignificant....

And what happened after that? Oh the entire basketball world closed down.

There's no loss to be taken. But if it makes you feel less insignificant....

You’re a lying liar who lies.

RJ “W” Karl

If Currie was truly fucking up, everyone would "know" and there would be multiple stories getting out.

There would almost as many stories as sides you've taken on this.

Danny Manning is still our basketball coach, what more "stories" do you need to establish that Currie is truly fucking up? The fact speaks for itself.

There aren't stories because nobody cares. I mean Corona doesn't help, but even before that nobody cared.

I'm hearing that Currie is unable to fire Manning because the CDC has requested his help in effectively communicating to the public about the dangers of Covid-19. Just kidding, his job is to make sports better at Wake Forest.

Now that he hasn't been fired can we get a name change to RJKarLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL or however L's can fit, because RJ has taken them all.

Here is a good series of articles about how COVID-19 is affecting college sports.

This first one talked to over 20 college basketball coaches, AD's and Presidents's

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-college-basketball-and-athletic-departments/

Among the topics in this one - Athletics not being the highest priority, academic anxieties with SA's now remote. Extra year for SR (considered very unlikely and coaches are against it), More players may transfer than ever before (coaches are expecting a huge spike at the end of April or May after the NCAA votes on the one-time transfer rule), NBA Draft timeline, impact on next year's scheduling. No one expects the students to be on campus this summer.

"These are people concerned, first and foremost, over the same issues you and I are concerned about: well-being of their loved ones and themselves; a hope that society can come together and implement consistent social distancing by staying at home and doing everything possible to bring this country back to normal; and relying on medical experts to shepherd us to that return."

"We're in crisis mode," a power-conference athletic director told me. "My opinion means **** to me, let alone anybody else. I haven't even allowed myself to think about what that new day is going to eventually look like."

ADs, conference commissioners and school presidents are being pulled in myriad directions, and at this point, according to sources I spoke with, very few of their conversations include long-term projections about the resumption of college athletics. Nobody knows when that can happen because American society, relying upon the expertise of health officials, has to exhibit a collective understanding, patience and fortitude to beat out an undiscriminating virus that won't have a vaccine for more than a year.

College basketball recruiting
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...ing-for-the-big-changes-coming-in-recruiting/

Very few coaches believe there will be a summer recruiting season.

Hopes are already so low for later this year that multiple coaches told me they'd put it between a 5-10% chance that there is a July live recruiting period, a crucial time for coaches to evaluate players.
"There isn't going to be a Peach Jam this year," one ACC coach said of the most important recruiting event of the year.

Will there be a college football season
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...led-coaches-ads-weigh-possibility-and-impact/

AD's and coaches really hope so, and SEC coaches are optimistic, but no one really knows.

It hit Texas A&M athletic director Ross Bjork this week when the 2020 Tokyo Olympics were postponed. That event was set to take place roughly a month before the start of the college football season (July 24 to Aug. 9). Olympic officials finally concluded it was not wise for 11,000 athletes from all over the world to congregate for two-plus weeks.

"With that news right there, then that starts creeping into the football season and training camps and scheduling," Bjork said. "… I don't know how you operate [if the season is canceled]. Where would the bailout come from? Because we would all have to have one if we were going to maintain any sort of normalcy."

Virginia coach Bronco Mendenhall already said he is open to a "modified season."

North Carolina coach Mack Brown recently told reporters, "There is a fear of, 'Would we have a season?' Would we have a partial season? What does a partial season mean?' There is a great concern because of the revenue that comes in with football."

Try selling season tickets in these uncertain times. Several schools have extended renewal deadlines for obvious reasons.

"One or two things could drive that [interest] down," Stricklin said. "One is people don't think [the season is] going to happen. I don't think we're at that point."

Try raising money for facilities. Florida and Georgia are well down the road in raising funds for building major athletic projects.

Never mind any existing shortfall. There may be issue of re-recruiting donors who have already pledged.

"Those are all gifts," McGarity said. "They're not obligated by law to make those gifts come true."

BC and Texas have announced their coaches are coming back, quit wasting time Currie, just tell us he’s coming back.

BC and Texas have announced their coaches are coming back, quit wasting time Currie, just tell us he’s coming back.

This. He is trying to find a way to spin it. I get the uncertainty in the real world. Just drop the bomb and allow everyone to move on. Probably to something new.

This. He is trying to find a way to spin it. I get the uncertainty in the real world. Just drop the bomb and allow everyone to move on. Probably to something new.

It’s already been spun for him in Pete Thamel’s Yahoo article that I posted on the previous page. It’s perfect cover for Currie. When I read it my first thought was if someone leaked the info to Thamel because the article was so geared toward Wake and Manning and with Currie being stuck with having to keep him another year.

Fair enough. Guess I missed it in my general malaise about the program. I'm clearly still around but money, interest, excitement is gone. Not sure it will return.

Is anybody going to be more pissed than they are now and less interested in Wake hoops than they are now if Currie just admits Manning is coming back?

Is anybody going to be more pissed than they are now and less interested in Wake hoops than they are now if Currie just admits Manning is coming back?

I'm all but checked out at this point. Hanging by a thread hoping something changes. If Manning returns, I doubt I follow Wake sports very much any longer. If the AD has zero interest in fielding teams at this level of competition, why would anyone put forth the effort or money to support it?

If Currie doesnt fire Manning im out, i wont support bball or any other sport for a good while.

If the decision for Danny to return has already been made, why haven't we heard anything? You can't a better time than now to tweet, "Danny Manning is returning next season." No one outside of Wake is paying much attention. The news is covering serious matters. Sports is being phoned in.

If it was decided that he's back, it would be done already.

Back