• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ALL PRAISE JOHN CURRIE FOR ACTING A YEAR TOO LATE

rj, maybe I’ve missed this in the discussion, but please answer this. If 18m and 15m we’re wrong ... what was the number?

1976Deac didn't have a figure and says that RJ didn't share a figure with him. RJ just shared a text from a pier one source that says him Goodman was wrong. This is the stupidest fucking RJ moment in a long line of stupid fucking RJ moments.

1976Deac didn't have a figure and says that RJ didn't share a figure with him. RJ just shared a text from a pier one source that says him Goodman was wrong. This is the stupidest fucking RJ moment in a long line of stupid fucking RJ moments.

I NEVER said I knew the number. In fact, the quote is the buyout number is "completely inaccurate".

Previously, I was asked what the number was. I replied my best guesstimate was in the $7-8M range. I never said I knew the number.

Last edited:
so you're completely full of shit

your claim is that goodman is wrong, but you have no idea how he's wrong and you have no evidence besides what a donor or somebody told you, whether he's wrong that the contract was fully guaranteed, the amount of the contract, etc.

thanks for playing, rj

I NEVER said I knew the number. In fact, the quote is the buyout number is "completely inaccurate".

Previously, I was asked what the number was. I replied my best guesstimate was in the $7-8M range. I never said I knew the number.

Hmmmm. “Completely inaccurate” leaves an awful lot of room for interpretation doesn’t it? If the buyout was only $14.2 million, $15 million is in fact completely inaccurate, yet at the same time it isn’t.

If you have a text from Hatch that says “Rick, I know $15mm is the number that is being thrown around, but that just isn’t accurate - xoxo Big Nate,” that doesn’t really tell us anything. It could have been $18, $14.2, or $14.9. It could have been $8. But the point is that “$15 isn’t right” doesn’t mean anything, even if it was on Mit Shah’s letterhead and co-signed by Danny Manning.

Anyway, we now know what you knew. Someone in the know said $15 wasn’t accurate. They didn’t say it was too high or too low, or how inaccurate it was. The materiality of the inaccuracy will forever remain unknown, since they didn’t tell you. We are left with a simple decision: do I trust RJ’s alleged communication with an alleged Tier One Source in which the Source was vague and left everything open, or do I trust the professional journalist?

I know you commented earlier on how bad his batting average is. But the thing is, he bats .800 and has thousands of at-bats. You are batting .000 because it’s your first plate appearance. No one is sending you in as a crunch time pinch hitter. Sure, you might hit it out of the park, but you need to prove it before you get that same respect.

Hmmmm. “Completely inaccurate” leaves an awful lot of room for interpretation doesn’t it? If the buyout was only $14.2 million, $15 million is in fact completely inaccurate, yet at the same time it isn’t.

If you have a text from Hatch that says “Rick, I know $15mm is the number that is being thrown around, but that just isn’t accurate - xoxo Big Nate,” that doesn’t really tell us anything. It could have been $18, $14.2, or $14.9. It could have been $8. But the point is that “$15 isn’t right” doesn’t mean anything, even if it was on Mit Shah’s letterhead and co-signed by Danny Manning.

Anyway, we now know what you knew. Someone in the know said $15 wasn’t accurate. They didn’t say it was too high or too low, or how inaccurate it was. The materiality of the inaccuracy will forever remain unknown, since they didn’t tell you. We are left with a simple decision: do I trust RJ’s alleged communication with an alleged Tier One Source in which the Source was vague and left everything open, or do I trust the professional journalist?

I know you commented earlier on how bad his batting average is. But the thing is, he bats .800 and has thousands of at-bats. You are batting .000 because it’s your first plate appearance. No one is sending you in as a crunch time pinch hitter. Sure, you might hit it out of the park, but you need to prove it before you get that same respect.

First of all, you are showing who you are again. You are the person who hacked my account. You then posted as me and gave awful rep as me. Then, you allowed others to act as if they were me. To think, you'd ever be honest or have an open mind is a fool's errand...which you ran over and over.

As to "alleged", an old guy and a young guy have confirmed that the information came from a Tier One source. But that's not good enough. What a shock!

Only someone looking for an excuse would consider the term "completely inaccurate" as possibly being $14.2M vs. $15M. That's a preposterous, dishonest interpretation.

Thinking you could ever be honest or responsible when discussing me has been shown to be impossible for many years. Your actions, words and visceral hatred belies any credibility you could ever have here.

Thanks for showing everyone that you had decided long before anything was shown to you.

I’m still open minded. My point is that even you don’t know how inaccurate $15 allegedly was, and you have used your interpretation of “completely inaccurate” to support your own theories about what was true. Despite your insistence otherwise, you don’t know that it wasn’t $14 million. You are speculating based on YOUR interpretation of a vague phrase, and now you’re mad at me for pointing out that the phrase means nothing. For what it’s worth, I agree that your interpretation of that phrase is more reasonable than my hypothetical - but it doesn’t matter because neither of them MEANS anything. The Source who shall not be named said nothing specific, and you won’t share either with anyone. Again - that’s your prerogative and I respect that - but don’t ask me to believe that you had inside info telling you that Goodman’s sources (plural) were all wrong.

(Side note: you did choose to share the message with DG3, who you don’t know at all other than through this board. Why would you do that if your source is so precious? And then why not share the same message with BabyDeac? You asked if a lawyer would share privileged info with someone because internet yahoos (no offense taken) asked for it. Why did you share with DG3? Wasn’t it specifically to win an argument with the yahoos?)

Finally, I am not being hateful. I apologized to you quite sincerely years ago for the hacking thing and I told you I was glad when you came back after your hiatus. I am asking you to exercise reason, and either provide some well reasoned counter argument, or acknowledge that it’s an argument that you can’t win and move on.

People who have lots and lots of money would not consider $1M out of a $15M project "completely inaccurate" That's a rounding error. You and your buddies are looking for any excuse.

I know DG3, his background and who he is. Over the past few years, we have done several things together. I know who he is and what he has done. He has proven to be honest, trustworthy and knowledgeable about many things, but a batshit crazy RWer.

You saw an old person, who has known me for almost half a century and young person, with whom I have little in common confirm what I have said it true. Like always, it's never good enough.

I don't remember any apology, but I'll believe you. Since then, you have been consistently miserable to me. Relentlessly offensive and cold-hearted all the time. Like Strickland, Milhouse and others, there is no humanity from that group. Never is there anything resembling opportunity or acceptance. But it's always my fault. It's not on you or others, it's 100% that I am wrong. Never an opportunity for just having fun.

Yes, I strike out and will continue to do so if you (the general you) keep acting that way. Don't cry when, after hundreds of insults, I hit back and hit back hard. You guys have chosen that path, not me.

This is what happens here. Part of this exercise is that many people have seen that there is nothing I can show or do. We could have posted the responses from you guys without you ever posting. All that changes is the subject matter. As I say it is 100% predictable.

As Joe Biden said about Rudy, it's noun, verb, 9/11. It's noun, verb attack RJ. It's the core of the existence of many here. It's sad, pathetic and constant.

You guys will never change. You have your piñata.

It would kill many here to know what I've told people like Creamy, BlackjackMC, Brews, AZ and numerous others. It would destroy your entire acts here.

People who have lots and lots of money would not consider $1M out of a $15M project "completely inaccurate" That's a rounding error. You and your buddies are looking for any excuse.

I know DG3, his background and who he is. Over the past few years, we have done several things together. I know who he is and what he has done. He has proven to be honest, trustworthy and knowledgeable about many things, but a batshit crazy RWer.

You saw an old person, who has known me for almost half a century and young person, with whom I have little in common confirm what I have said it true. Like always, it's never good enough.

I don't remember any apology, but I'll believe you. Since then, you have been consistently miserable to me. Relentlessly offensive and cold-hearted all the time. Like Strickland, Milhouse and others, there is no humanity from that group. Never is there anything resembling opportunity or acceptance. But it's always my fault. It's not on you or others, it's 100% that I am wrong. Never an opportunity for just having fun.

Yes, I strike out and will continue to do so if you (the general you) keep acting that way. Don't cry when, after hundreds of insults, I hit back and hit back hard. You guys have chosen that path, not me.

This is what happens here. Part of this exercise is that many people have seen that there is nothing I can show or do. We could have posted the responses from you guys without you ever posting. All that changes is the subject matter. As I say it is 100% predictable.

As Joe Biden said about Rudy, it's noun, verb, 9/11. It's noun, verb attack RJ. It's the core of the existence of many here. It's sad, pathetic and constant.

It would kill many here to know what I've told people like Creamy, BlackjackMC, Brews, AZ and numerous others. It would destroy your entire acts here.

is it just me or does this whole thing sound like it came from a 13 year old girl who just had her 1st period?

RJ, there is a reason most of what you get is insult...because most of us are completely fed up with your constant bullshit.

You are not an insider. and even if you were, none of us would care because you would still be the complete loser that you come off as. that being said...you are not an insider. You are no where near what Jeff Goodman is in terms of "in the know" and i really hope you have accomplished more in life than self proclaiming to be an insider on an anonymous message board

No act here. I'll let this go as we won't agree. I was sincerely hoping to help articulate why your viewpoint and mine don't align, so that some of the disagreements could be skipped.

My apologies if I have been cold-hearted - while I admit that I tease you and often disagree with you, if it has gone to the point that you think I really don't like you then that's not what I intended.

No act here. I'll let this go as we won't agree. I was sincerely hoping to help articulate why your viewpoint and mine don't align, so that some of the disagreements could be skipped.

My apologies if I have been cold-hearted - while I admit that I tease you and often disagree with you, if it has gone to the point that you think I really don't like you then that's not what I intended.

Disagreeing with me is of no consequence, being disagreeable for the purpose of being disagreeable and bullying is quite different. Disagreeing is fun and natural. Hell, I disagree with me at times. As I have done with others, I will accept your apology and hope you live up to that better than they have.

As to viewpoints, I don't understand how one would take someone who is getting his information (if it's true) second or third hand over someone who is directly and intimately involved. The only reason one would do that is to defend a position based in faith not fact or having an ulterior motive.

How about an example? Two people are talking about a letter about a family that's included in a Xmas card. The first is a member of the family and mentioned in the card. Or would you steadfastly believe a friend of a neighbor who tells him about the content about that family member. Who would you believe?

He's another point of reference. Goodman tweeted and was wrong about the Wake coaching search. If he's wrong about that subject regarding Wake and he isn't from Wake, isn't it logical that he got his wrong information this Spring from the same place he got his information last Spring?

As to "completely inaccurate", even if you don't think $1M is a rounding error. Would someone who has made millions and done deals for decades think a little over 6% of something would be "completely inaccurate"? That's a minor issue.

Again, this shows a bias and not logic.

Now, let's look at the scoreboard. We have two people who have direct knowledge saying I got it right. We have multiple others posting I have given them other info over the years that was given before things happened and included interim events that happened before the final event took place.

Yet, the response is I can't possibly know anything. If you are being an independent arbiter, the logical reaction would be that there is corroboration of the specific issue and a history of similar have been confirmed. Thus, it would be logical to believe it.

I get and understand many of you can't do that. Your board existence relies on my being an asshole and always full of shit. Otherwise, the group would look like petty, candy-assed, ageist assholes. In fact using the logic that if you detest a member of a group, you must be a bigot towards the entire group, there's a significant anti-Semitic crew here.

I have never said I was an insider at this point. All I've ever said is from time-to-time I get some info.

rj, if you had it all to do over again, would you have said anything in the 1st place about the buyout?

I can't see that source ever sharing anything with you again after all your posts on this topic, however vague they may be.

Back