• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alma Mater being banned at the end of Football Games.......

I would like to believe that none of this is true, but knowing the band people who have said it's true as I do I don't see how this is anything other than what they say it is - mandate from above.

So, BSD will be contacting the AD for a comment on Monday?

That's our entire point I believe. Why would anybody in the AD care either?

I can think of reasons that might motivate the athletic department to do this, none of which I would consider good, but killing the mood after the game isn't one of them. When the game is over the mood is dying down anyway. And if it's after a win, everyone is excited to sing so no mood is killed.

For me, the alma mater was a chance for the team to thank the crowd, and especially the students for supporting them. Presumably with no alma mater the whole team just runs straight back to the locker room and this opportunity is lost.

It's played before kickoff, but I doubt the students can hear it from the parking lot.

Before kickoff, when you need more energy in the stadium.

Today we gather ten Wake Forest administrators in a room to discuss that crushing Wake Forest issue of playing the Alma Mater at ball games. Due to the fact we have solved every conceivable problem that may face Wake Forest now and in the future, we can take up this burning topic. So what the fuck y'all. Let's get rid of the Alma Mater. All in favor say aye.

This is lame

Opposite of culture, probably replacing the alma mater with some of that hippity hop

Casstevens after handing down this edict.......

Mr_Burns_evil.gif

Who is "they?"

That didn't take long. Didn't figure it would. Wake just makes so many poor decisions.

"One might think that by simply inquiring and reaching out to Wake Forest fans before this decision was made would have saved face for the University as a whole about this entire topic."

Why is this so fucking hard to do for our AD?

it's incredible that they're so out of touch w/ students and alumni they thought this would be a quick, non-controversial decision to make.

idiots.

I'd still like to know why they ditched it.

Back