• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Almost punched a guy last night

"I thought about punching a guy. Instead, I lurked and hid out of his line of sight and called the cops on a panhandler. Then I got the heck out of Dodge before he could realize I had called the cops. But maaaaaaaaan, I almost punched him - I just didn't want to hurt him and thought it better to let the cops maybe put him in jail rather than unleash these fists of fury. Close call!"

God, I love stories like this. Had a buddy back in the day who was a Jeff Fatt clone. Almost the exact same thing happened to him in a grocery store parking lot. He got into it with the bum and they grappled, fell to the ground, and rolled around for a minute while his girlfriend ran to call the cops. He showed me his scraped knee and ripped shirt as proof. I thought he was going to snap and kill me as I died laughing.....Jeff, are you my buddy?

There's an interesting dichotomy in Portland with those who are choosing to live a transient life/lifestyle and those who are actually homeless. (I mean, I guess they're all actually homeless... but there is a distinct difference). I typically don't carry cash so I can say as much if anyone asks, but I've bought food for folks before. I've also had people reject my food, which is kind of annoying but whatever.
The way I figure it is this: if they're sitting/standing on the street carrying all their worldly possessions in grocery bags, they probably need the banana/sandwich/dollar more than I do. It's not my job to police how they use it, and it's not my problem if they turn down what I try to give.

Yeah, the Oregon transients are a special breed. Really aggressive. I always got creeped out when I would go up to PDX to see how many of them were out and about. They're pretty bad in southern Oregon, too.

You know, Jeff, I think you might have missed an opportunity to help someone here. In a busy recovering world it is more important now than ever to help fellow citizens in distress because of the Bush tax cuts. If you had taken the time to break a few bones in your assailant's face he would have been taken to a hospital where he would have received the medical care denied to him by Republicans in Congress. In prison the state would have reprogrammed him into a productive citizen. I'm not faulting you, Jeff, but don't you think you could have played a bigger role in this man's victory over antisocial personality disorder and substance abuse?

You know, Jeff, I think you might have missed an opportunity to help someone here. In a busy recovering world it is more important now than ever to help fellow citizens in distress because of the Bush tax cuts. If you had taken the time to break a few bones in your assailant's face he would have been taken to a hospital where he would have received the medical care denied to him by Republicans in Congress. In prison the state would have reprogrammed him into a productive citizen. I'm not faulting you, Jeff, but don't you think you could have played a bigger role in this man's victory over antisocial personality disorder and substance abuse?

please keep this crap on the tunnels.

Remember, temper is the one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

A friend and I went bar hopping in NoDa. No parking anywhere except one random spot a good walk from the bars. We pulled up and had to parallel park. Old man sitting on the sidewalk, buddy says "$10 this guy asks us for money".

Of course he does, after complimenting my friend on his parallel parking abilities. I never give out cash, but my friend is different. He pulled his wallet out, of course flashed the $100+ he had in there, which worried me, and he went to grab a $5 out and when he pulled the bill, he pulled his wallet out of his hand and it hit the guy in the chest. We all stood there for a second frozen...the guy looked up and said..."Nahhh...I'm not touching that, I ain't lookin for trouble"

Thought it was an interesting meeting. When we left he told us he'd watch the car for us.

Never once thought about punching him lol

Say what?

Are we sure that Jeff wasn't encountering a Lot Lizard? Sounds like a missed opportunity to me.

A panhandler walks up to me, I smile and say "sorry, man," and keep walking. Very easy. Unlikely to instigate a "fucking faggot" response, which means I don't have to think about murdering the panhandler. Win-win.

The bigger question is where in the hell do some of you live? I've shopped for groceries for 20 years and our biggest issue is a stray cart that scrapes some old woman's car.

The bigger question is where in the hell do some of you live? I've shopped for groceries for 20 years and our biggest issue is a stray cart that scrapes some old woman's car.

In the real world?

Rock hill police busted a panhandling ring. Basically a group of people would be bused in for a week. Then they would go to another city. The rotation would continue and they would be be back every four weeks. But every week there was a group in rock hill. One woman would claim she was crippled. Then at the end of the day she would pack up her wheelchair and load it in the bus.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/suspected-panhandlers-group-raising-concerns-rock-/nfnjC/

Back