• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alondes Williams -Tonight Wake’s Most Spectacular Wake around game I can recall

socaldeac

Reaction score
Alondes Williams looks like a mini- Lebron. I do not recall I have ever seen a Wake Player have such a spectacular game passing, shooting, and dunking. He must have had 6 TomaHawk dunks. Several amazing passes. Great cuts to the basket, game winning assist, Power offensive and defensive rebounds. Dude flat out was spectacular and under control. Dude’s BB IQ off the charts.

All Around Most Spectacular Wake BB Performance I can recall ever

He has the skills you just can't coach. Vision, instinct, timing and athleticism.

It's just amazing that Oklahoma didn't see this with him. They saw him practice everyday and somehow missed that they have one of the top players in the entire country playing minimal minutes a game.

Great game, again. Love the unselfish play to pass to Mucius for the winner.

In terms of greatest singular WF performance of the last 30 years, considering opponent, I submit:

this game

Rodney Rogers grew up in Durham, N.C., playing pickup games in Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium. So it's not surprising that he felt comfortable enough there last Saturday to score a career-high 35 points in leading Wake Forest to a 98-86 win over the Blue Devils. Rogers, a 6'7" junior forward, also had eight rebounds, two blocks and two steals. "He was sensational," said Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, "and that's probably not giving him enough credit. I have a limited vocabulary. It was as good a performance as I've seen in 13 years in Cameron."

Luckily for ManMan, we play at Cameron this year, so he can match Rodney's performance

he is a great passer. Even the bounce passes to Walton on the ball screens, look so simple, but they aren't.

Love Williams's game so much. What a player.
I submit for Wake's greatest game of last 30 years, Tim Duncan in 1996 ACC championship game vs Ga tech. 27 points on 12-16 shooting, 22 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 blocks, 2 steals.

Love Williams's game so much. What a player.
I submit for Wake's greatest game of last 30 years, Tim Duncan in 1996 ACC championship game vs Ga tech. 27 points on 12-16 shooting, 22 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 blocks, 2 steals.
Yup - that was it.
Conor posted Williams' last 3 games:
16 points (5-10 FGs, 5-5 FTs) | 14 rebounds | 10 assists | 2 TOs
36 points (11-20 FGs, 12-13 FTs | 5 rebounds | 3 assists | 1 TO
34 points (15-23 FGs, 2-3 FTs) | 8 rebounds | 7 assists | 2 TOs

So that's 86 points (31-53/19-21) | 29 | 20 | 5.

Insane - considering he is going 35+ minutes a night.

Jeez, what really compare to what Childress did in the ACCT, take the dook or UNC game. Probably could pull out a bunch of games from 94 where he carried us to the NCAAT.

Clearly we have two L's in the last games with out him but our all time players earned it against the ACC. VT, nice. BC ok, lets see what happens with UNC, dook, even Clemson who we've stunk against for years now. Bring it against teams that don't care who you are and will game plan against you.

Yup - that was it.
Conor posted Williams' last 3 games:
16 points (5-10 FGs, 5-5 FTs) | 14 rebounds | 10 assists | 2 TOs
36 points (11-20 FGs, 12-13 FTs | 5 rebounds | 3 assists | 1 TO
34 points (15-23 FGs, 2-3 FTs) | 8 rebounds | 7 assists | 2 TOs

So that's 86 points (31-53/19-21) | 29 | 20 | 5.

Insane - considering he is going 35+ minutes a night.

LaRavia is averaging 14 pts. Before the last two games, Williams averaged 18.2 pts. Without LaRavia, Williams has scored more than he and LaRavia had been scoring combined.

LaRavia is averaging 14 pts. Before the last two games, Williams averaged 18.2 pts. Without LaRavia, Williams has scored more than he and LaRavia had been scoring combined.

I used the word SPECTACULAR performance, not best game. I meant the number of spectacular plays.

I think it’s spectacular for a player to more than takeover scoring for the 2nd highest scorer in his absence.

He’s been unbelievable all year. He can score 35/night, but prefers to be unselfish and play as a team. Except when we absolutely need him to take over. Then he does. His vision and passing is incredible. Sorta like Bird where it is nice having another PG type at small forward.

I wonder if the Oklahoma Boards have an Alondes Williams Appreciation thread.

His passing has been an absolute revelation. The vision, timing, everything. He even had several great looks to Sy that just weren’t converted at the rim.

His passing has been an absolute revelation. The vision, timing, everything. He even had several great looks to Sy that just weren’t converted at the rim.
Saban has said he can teach a QB many things but seeing the field is not one of them. A kid either has it or doesn't. Same applies here. You can't coach aptitude.

Back