• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Alondes Williams -Tonight Wake’s Most Spectacular Wake around game I can recall

I used the word SPECTACULAR performance, not best game. I meant the number of spectacular plays.

Not sure how that gets parsed. ManMan had a lot of dunks and dimes.

Still would rate that against #1 seed Wake down 17 to dook in the ACCT, where Childress just took over the entire game. Or 'just give me the ball every damn time' ACCT final against UNC. They still play the Childress ankle breaker every year.

Considering we were shooting 75% or so for a large part of the 1st half, not sure Charlotte realized they could play defense.

Might be a bit interesting to think about most spectacular dunks. Besides RRs 360, I'd add in Scooter Banks @ UNC

I believe as a 4yr Grad Transfer, he is in his last year. 2yrs Juco, 2yrs OU, Wake for free Covid year
Dallas only played 3 at CU so even as a grad trfr, he could play another.

Great game, again. Love the unselfish play to pass to Mucius for the winner.

In terms of greatest singular WF performance of the last 30 years, considering opponent, I submit:

this game

Luckily for ManMan, we play at Cameron this year, so he can match Rodney's performance

I was at that game & truly a special performance from RR. Grant Hill, one of the top defenders in nation, was useless against him.

My vote goes to TD's 1996 ACC Championship performance

27 pts (12-16 FG - possibly rebounded all of his misses)
22 reb (ACCT record)
6 asst
4 blk
2 st

no one has ever dominated more offensively/defensively in ACC than TD

ManMan has an NBA ready game. If he can sneak into the end of round 1, he could be set up for a nice role off the bench for a contender

Wake got the better OU transfer. That guy, Manek is a choade.

Saban has said he can teach a QB many things but seeing the field is not one of them. A kid either has it or doesn't. Same applies here. You can't coach aptitude.

There were at least half a dozen guys between Williams and Zeke, yet ManMan saw him all alone in the corner and delivered an excellent pass.

I’ve watched the replay of the final shot a dozen times and it appears that Williams looks up during the first part of his drive and sees Mucius in the corner.

I almost think he knew that pass was there the whole time and was just waiting for the right time to make it.

Ha yeah I was just about to post that. He sees Mucius in the corner early and recognizes immediately that the defense is going to converge on him, doesn't stare him down and give it away though. Keeps his drive on the left side of the lane to retain the spacing. Really great play, Alondes is seeing the floor so well right now.

Ha yeah I was just about to post that. He sees Mucius in the corner early and recognizes immediately that the defense is going to converge on him, doesn't stare him down and give it away though. Keeps his drive on the left side of the lane to retain the spacing. Really great play, Alondes is seeing the floor so well right now.

It's also part of the system. As Forbes said in the press conference, we always have someone in the corner and wing three point positions, so the driver knows those are options.

Fortunately Carolina won’t notice this, since they don’t scout other teams.

It's also part of the system. As Forbes said in the press conference, we always have someone in the corner and wing three point positions, so the driver knows those are options.

A system?! Holy shit. I'm not sure we've had a system in at least a decade, maybe even longer to be honest.

Mucius and Sy went directly to their spots. If Charlotte defended them it allowed enough spacing for Williams to drive. Charlotte didn’t which left them wide open.

Last edited:
Mucius and Sy when directly to their spots. If Charlotte defended them it allowed enough spacing for Williams to drive. Charlotte didn’t which left them wide open.

Yeah, looked like Charlotte was all in stopping Williams. They appeared to have no thoughts that somebody else might take the last shot.

It's just amazing that Oklahoma didn't see this with him. They saw him practice everyday and somehow missed that they have one of the top players in the entire country playing minimal minutes a game.

Wonder if the have a ManMan thread over there like our KW3 one.

Back