• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazing Race - New Season 02/23/14

I have liked Amazing Race through the years, but I really have no desire to watch this season. I liked Connor and Dave and wish them well. But I cannot stomach the TWINNIES and Brenchel, and some of the others. Not worth it.

I love TAR, but 2 teams that have already been on an all stars season feels like reaching.
Glad to see the twinnies out early. Hoping he same for brenchel and YouTube.

I thought it worked out perfectly. Might be overkill with some teams, but I still enjoy the cowboys and Globetrotters, so don't mind them back. And losing the awful twins was the best result that could have happened in the first episode.

This season just got infinitely better. Now there are only 2 teams I dislike (team Big Brother and the deaf guy/mom) Many of the teams are pretty easy to root for, though.

That was the worst finale episode this show has ever seen. I am fine with the results but the challenges were lame and there was no real chance for much of a switch in placement except for putting in lightbulbs

That was the worst finale episode this show has ever seen. I am fine with the results but the challenges were lame and there was no real chance for much of a switch in placement except for putting in lightbulbs

+1

Certainly glad that Dave and Connor won, though I would have been fine with the singers winning as well since they didn't win a single leg. Dave and Connor had one of the more dominant runs I've seen in a long time. If I had been out in the desert with Brendan and Rachel, I would have probably hit them both in the head with a shovel and buried them in the holes the boxes came from.

Great and just result, but the comments regarding the last leg are correct regarding the race aspect of it. The tasks were big spectacles but provided little opportunity for catching up. They didn't even have the "end of race" challenge they usually have on the last leg. And while I'm happy it screwed Brendan and Rachel up, cabs played too big a part again in the finale. The luck of getting a crappy cab driver versus a good one killed Brendan and Rachel and almost gave the country singers the win.

Great and just result, but the comments regarding the last leg are correct regarding the race aspect of it. The tasks were big spectacles but provided little opportunity for catching up. They didn't even have the "end of race" challenge they usually have on the last leg. And while I'm happy it screwed Brendan and Rachel up, cabs played too big a part again in the finale. The luck of getting a crappy cab driver versus a good one killed Brendan and Rachel and almost gave the country singers the win.

I think the time that they took looking around the hotel before the lightbulb challenge was more damaging, though it is always tough to tell how things are edited. I do agree that it was strange not to have the recap challenge at the end. And Dave and Connor did pass the singers on the lightbulb challenge, despite an initial wrong guess on the total. But overall I agree that it was big on flash and not substance. The David Copperfield part was pretty cool, though.

can we all agree that the dentists are more annoying than the TWINNIES

The Tuskegee people appeared to be interesting personalities, but damn did they suck at racing. I am kind of glad they went out early so I didn't get too invested in them because there was no way in hell they were going to win.

Back