• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazing Race - New Season 02/23/14

Great ending. The team we were pulling for took it. And I really just had to comment at what a giant asshole Travis became by the end. We really liked them at the beginning, but definitely did not want them to win.

Also happy with the ending. Yeah wtf was up with Travis. I hate couple dynamics where one side of the couple is like a condescending parent and he acted so superior to her.

Great ending. The team we were pulling for took it. And I really just had to comment at what a giant asshole Travis became by the end. We really liked them at the beginning, but definitely did not want them to win.

Also happy with the ending. Yeah wtf was up with Travis. I hate couple dynamics where one side of the couple is like a condescending parent and he acted so superior to her.

Yeah, I was totally rooting for Jay and Amy by the end, so glad they won. They seem like nice people and genuinely liked each other and didn't really fight.

Also liked Travis and Nicole early on but really down on them at the end. Poor Nicole. At one point she said something about how he was her superior at some point during med school or residency or something. So they definitely have that sort of teacher and student mentality now. Sucks for a marriage.

Amazing Race - New Season 9/29/13

Am I the only one that kind of came around on pinky? Sure she was a gigantic asshole (I think most do that was an act) but she was a beast when it came to the game. That robot challenge was ridiculous.

Am I the only one that kind of came around on pinky? Sure she was a gigantic asshole (I think most do that was an act) but she was a beast when it came to the game. That robot challenge was ridiculous.

She wasn't as bad towards the end, but I mostly felt bad for her teammate, who seemed to be a pretty good guy.

Agreed. She was okay at the end.

She wasn't as bad towards the end, but I mostly felt bad for her teammate, who seemed to be a pretty good guy.

Yeah, this. She was definitely a little better at the end. Certainly a challenge beast. Dude did seem cool. And the 60/40 split she forced him into made me laugh.

There's something to be said about racing with someone you're not in a relationship with. Don't have to worry about fighting and the possibility of breaking up.

TAR All-Stars should be pretty good. I hope they don't do just popular teams but rather balance it with good racers or do the best teams instead. Really want to see the snowboarders who got totally screwed by the taxi drivers banding together to help every other team a couple of years ago to come back.

Also liked Travis and Nicole early on but really down on them at the end. Poor Nicole. At one point she said something about how he was her superior at some point during med school or residency or something. So they definitely have that sort of teacher and student mentality now. Sucks for a marriage.

My thoughts exactly.

TAR All-Stars should be pretty good. I hope they don't do just popular teams but rather balance it with good racers or do the best teams instead. Really want to see the snowboarders who got totally screwed by the taxi drivers banding together to help every other team a couple of years ago to come back.

If they bring back that cunt (sorry...I said it) from Big Brother I will not watch it. She damn near caused me to stop watch TAR forever and it is my favorite show on television.

If they bring back that cunt (sorry...I said it) from Big Brother I will not watch it. She damn near caused me to stop watch TAR forever and it is my favorite show on television.
Pretty sure all the websites are saying they are coming back.

Noooooooooooooooo.jpg

Ugh. At first I couldn't remember who you were talking about (must've blocked them from my memory) and thought you were talking about Jeff and Jordan. And I was thinking, how could anyone not like Jordan?!

Margie and Luke (Mother and Son):
Season 14 (3rd) and 18 (8th)

margie-luke.jpg

Herb and Nate (Globetrotters):
Season 15 (4th) and 18 (2nd)

nate-herb.jpg

Jet and Cord (Cowboy Brothers):
Season 16 (2nd) and 18 (6th)

jet-cord.jpg

Brendon and Rachel (Married BB couple):
Season 20 (3rd)

brendon-rachel.jpg

Mark and Mallory (M&M):

M-M.jpg

Natalie and Nadiya (Twins):
Season 21 (4th)

natalie-nadiya.jpg

Caroline and Jennifer (Band mates/Friends):
Season 22 (4th)

caroline-jennifer.jpg

Joey and Meghan (YouTube Friends):
Season 22 (5th)

joey-meghan-1.jpg

Dave And Connor (Father-Son)
Season 22 8th

DaveandConnor.jpg

John and Jessica (Engaged):
Season 22 (9th)

john-jess.jpg

Leo and Jamal (Afghanimals):
Season 23 (TBD)

leo-jamal.jpg

Tidbits:
Mallory is with Mark this go around
Only 11 teams thus far, one more is likely floating out there
Some pretty enjoyable groups, plus some really annoying ones (Afghanimals, Twinies, etc)
Rachel - either hate her or love her for the drama (turns out it's about 50/50 for Big Brother/TAR) -- Brendon is chill as hell though
Let's see what dumb crap John and Jessica can do this time
Glad to see Dave and Connor back. They will probably do well
Globetrotters are always a good show
Team Youtube - eh, the girl is tolerable

I'm all in for the country girls. Continuing my fanhood from the hockey dudes & country girls alliance.

Last edited:
Wow that's a pretty disappointing lineup to me. I cannot stand Luke and those awful twins. Rachel I can actually deal with. Most of the rest just seem uninspired: I don't even remember those two blondes, the Youtube kids and surfer dude and his GF were meh, and I didn't particularly care for the Afghanimals although I certainly dislike them MUCH less than the twins. CBS WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE THEM. THE SCREECHING SOUND OF THEIR VOICES WILL GRATE THE VERY FIBER OF MY SOUL.

Rachel is terrible, as are the twins, but I thought the Afghanimals were pretty entertaining. They were playing the game, but weren't whiny or mean spirited. I don't like them bringing back teams for a third time... with over 20 seasons, surely there are some other teams that could come back. I think Dave and Connor have to be the favorites, which means they will probably go out early.

So they selected the biggest attention whores from all the previous seasons, plus the cowboys, the deaf dude, and the "I ruptured my achilles" dude. I expected nothing less.

Back