• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazing Race - New Season 02/23/14

So who are y'all rooting for this season? I can't tell who I actually want to win. The dad and son seemed like good guys and good competitors, so it's a bummer the dad got hurt. Pretty awesome that they still won too legs.

No one else is really making me cheer for them at this point (although conversely, after that couple that got eliminated with the Express Pass, there's no one that I'm necessarily actively rooting for to leave either). The mullet couple seem like nice folks but they can't be long for the race. Too many mistakes every leg.

I really hope that the father-son team will be invited back for an all-star race later, because it looked like they were going to walk away with this pretty easily. Sure, it was unusual circumstances, but they had the right mindset and a good enough mix of strength, stamina and intelligence.

So who are y'all rooting for this season? I can't tell who I actually want to win. The dad and son seemed like good guys and good competitors, so it's a bummer the dad got hurt. Pretty awesome that they still won too legs.

No one else is really making me cheer for them at this point (although conversely, after that couple that got eliminated with the Express Pass, there's no one that I'm necessarily actively rooting for to leave either). The mullet couple seem like nice folks but they can't be long for the race. Too many mistakes every leg.

I agree about the mullets. I want to cheer for them, but they are lol bad sometimes. Pam and Winnie seem to be the most likeable of the frontrunners in my opinion.

Unless it's someone I just can't stand, there is always a part of me the roots for the team (or teams) that seem like they are being ganged up on. The internet kids right now seem like the team everyone wants out, and granted they did form a sort of "alliance" with the idiot surfer dude and the roller derby team, but I always seem to enjoy it when the team getting singled out can hang around and win a few legs and stick it to everyone else.

But you're right, I really don't think any of these teams are all that likeable/unlikeable. Just kind of a meh group in general.

Last edited:
Unless it's someone I just can't stand, there is always a part of me the roots for the team (or teams) that seem like they are being ganged up on. The internet kids right now seem like the team everyone wants out, and granted they did form a sort of "alliance" with the idiot surfer dude and the roller derby team, but I always seem to enjoy it when the team getting singled out can hang around and win a few legs and stick it to everyone else.

But you're right, I really don't think any of these teams are all that likeable/unlikeable. Just kind of a meh ground in general.

Yeah, I kind of agree with this. I also tend to find myself hoping the "underdogs" stick around if they are getting ganged up on. I actually thought I would dislike the Youtube kids more. They are certainly a little annoying and show-offy for the camera, but they're not as bad as I first anticipated.

Weren't the YouTube kids "ganging up" on other teams with the alliance in the first place? They all had a plan to try to get the hockey players out.

I'm pulling for the hockey players. They seem like fun guys.

I like the hockey guys and country singer girls (so basically their little semi-alliance). Don't really mind the other teams except YouTubers get very annoying occasionally and the Asian duo get annoying sometimes as well.

I really think the hockey players are going to turn it on soon. They have the physical skills over the others and they seem smart enough, so languishing in the middle is puzzling. Kinda like the Globetrotters somewhat.

I can't hear Winnie's name without thinking "twinnnnieeeee," and so I don't like that team.

I can't hear Winnie's name without thinking "twinnnnieeeee," and so I don't like that team.

And you are also apparently unable to think it without saying it, so I am starting to hate them too.

Yeah, but they seem to be one of the weaker teams. Not physically per se, but race-wise. I don't think they are much longer for the race, but I am pulling for them.
I couldn't have been more wrong about the hockey players. Two first place finishes in a row. Well done Battaglias.

Was anyone else somewhat offended by all the pomp over the Vietnamese Communist Party? I mean, there is a lot of American blood on that soil fighting that Communist Party. I am not easily offended but I thought that was in very bad taste.

Its funny you said that. Our daughter is Vietnamese (she's 5) so we watched it for the first time ever. She was enthralled and it was cool having her 'see' Hanoi even though she was born in South Vietnam (Saigon).

But, my wife and I just looked at each other when they translated the lyrics to that propaganda and then showed the B52 wreckage as part of the episode. I saw where CBS apologized for that.

The Vietnamese communist party is very. very odd. Everyplace we went we were told Ho Chi Minh "was a great man". Well, at least in Hanoi thats all we heard.

I couldn't have been more wrong about the hockey players. Two first place finishes in a row. Well done Battaglias.

That and the fact that they are constantly scamin' on the 2 country singers makes it great, along with one of them having 2 missing front teeth.

That and the fact that they are constantly scamin' on the 2 country singers makes it great, along with one of them having 2 missing front teeth.

Between the toothless hockey players, the hot blondes, and the mullet I feel like this has been a really good season. Now if only Max and Katie would go home. Ive got nothing for them.

Anyone watch through to the finale on Sunday?

I was kind of apathetic about the final few teams, so didn't have a real rooting interest. I guess I'm glad the hockey brothers won (mostly glad it wasn't Max and Katie).

One thing I found funny was that I always knew there were some really cheesy challenges and things they had to do in other counties and cities, but when they feature your city, you really see how silly things can be. The DC stuff at the end was cracking us up from the "meeting Obama" to the Nats stadium stuff, but mostly the spy crap around the Tidal Basin. Where to get a good half smoke with chili?! Hahahaha. I did love seeing the racing presidents featured though...Go Teddy!

I thought this was a pretty good rebound season after last season was pretty below average. Some of the challenges had more ability to space teams out instead of everyone pretty much doing them at the same pace.

All three finals teams were teams I had picked at the start of the season. Wish I could win money for something like that.

Loved that so many of them were fooled by the "meeting Obama" thing. Catching the ball from the zipline while in a mascot costume at Nationals Park was awesome. I definitely would have tackled one of the other mascots in celebration after I'd made the catch.

The final was pretty anticlimatic, but it was a pretty decent season.

I hope they never try that Amazing Race All-Stars crap again like a couple of years ago. All they do it get the most annoying contestants back, and they're all competing to see who can be the most annoying.

The final was pretty anticlimatic, but it was a pretty decent season.

I hope they never try that Amazing Race All-Stars crap again like a couple of years ago. All they do it get the most annoying contestants back, and they're all competing to see who can be the most annoying.

I tend to agree. But I would like for the father and son team to be on an upcoming season and have a chance to try to make it to the end.

Back