• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazing Race - New Season 02/23/14

And I have to say, the father and son are pretty impressive with a torn achilles. Some luck involved, but playing smarter than a lot of the other teams.

Epic fail last night.

The Walmart couple is starting to grow on me. They're not the smartest competitors, but they make up for it with enthusiasm.

You gotta love Phil saying "Oy vey". I never knew he was a fellow tribe member.

No comments yet on a team getting eliminated while holding an express pass? No idea what they were thinking, not sad to see them gone though the guy was annoying.

That guy was more. Than a little weird. The GF should dump his ass.

Is there still a rule about team members having to do an even number of roadblocks? If there is, that will kill any chance the father son team has to keep racing.

Surprising this thread wasn't bumped a few weeks ago when the OB/GYN twins lost because they were too afraid to swim. I probably shouldn't pile on and be stereotypical because there are socio-economic reasons that African Americans in general are poor swimmers, but it still kind of cracks me up, and in the case of those two guys, it seems more likely they probably came from good backgrounds and should have learned to swim at some point.

Surprising this thread wasn't bumped a few weeks ago when the OB/GYN twins lost because they were too afraid to swim. I probably shouldn't pile on and be stereotypical because there are socio-economic reasons that African Americans in general are poor swimmers, but it still kind of cracks me up, and in the case of those two guys, it seems more likely they probably came from good backgrounds and should have learned to swim at some point.

And they were going on the Amazing Race, so they should have been smart enough to learn. There are a couple things that everyone going on the Race should learn. How to swim, how to drive stick, and how to hold on to your passports.

My wife thinks the rule is no more than two consecutive roadblocks by the same person, so next week could be the end for the father-son team. A shame, because they certainly could have won the whole thing without the injury.

I don't remember ever reading or hearing a specific rule on roadblocks (i.e. whether it just has to be split 50/50 by the end or you can't do more than two in a row). I don't think they realistically think they will make it to the end of the race (even if the son could keep doing RBs, there will certainly come a point when a detour will require too much physical stuff for the dad), so they're just trying to get it while they can and not really plan ahead.

Any idea how long the losing team gets to hang out in the final destination? This season so far as been ridiculous in terms of locations: Bora Bora, New Zealand, and Bali. I probably wouldn't mind terribly losing any of those legs if I could stay in that spot for another day or two before going home.

Any idea how long the losing team gets to hang out in the final destination? This season so far as been ridiculous in terms of locations: Bora Bora, New Zealand, and Bali. I probably wouldn't mind terribly losing any of those legs if I could stay in that spot for another day or two before going home.
They all go to a secret resort/condo and hang out while the race is going on then get flown into the final leg for the finish line congregation. Or at least that's what they used to do. They used to have a film crew there to document some of it for CBS.

Found something online that in season 6, a new rule was put into place saying that any one team member could do a max of 6 roadblocks. It seems to have varied some, per wiki, but it looks like there is some sort of limit in place.

They all go to a secret resort/condo and hang out while the race is going on then get flown into the final leg for the finish line congregation. Or at least that's what they used to do. They used to have a film crew there to document some of it for CBS.

You know... except for the ones that lose their passports in Russia and are then conspicuously absent from the finals.

And they were going on the Amazing Race, so they should have been smart enough to learn. There are a couple things that everyone going on the Race should learn. How to swim, how to drive stick, and how to hold on to your passports.

My wife thinks the rule is no more than two consecutive roadblocks by the same person, so next week could be the end for the father-son team. A shame, because they certainly could have won the whole thing without the injury.
They should also learn to read the entire clue. How hard can that possibly be?

They should also learn to read the entire clue. How hard can that possibly be?
Bingo, if teams would just read the entire clue and think about what they need to do, even if just for a few seconds, they'd be much better equipped to handle these challenges.

Chuck and Wynona got seriously lucky last night. Permullet lives on despite the mental lapses. No holding hands during the dancing thing and no getting their chickens during the recipe thing. A couple of boneheaded moves that didn't come back to bite them.

As I was watching I did think, "this leg is just going to be a giant waste of time because the kid and his dad bailed out already, so they are the eliminated team for the week." So it wasn't even a non-elimination leg where the team that came in last has the handicap the next leg...it was just a waste of a leg.

As I was watching I did think, "this leg is just going to be a giant waste of time because the kid and his dad bailed out already, so they are the eliminated team for the week." So it wasn't even a non-elimination leg where the team that came in last has the handicap the next leg...it was just a waste of a leg.

I see what you did there.

Was anyone else somewhat offended by all the pomp over the Vietnamese Communist Party? I mean, there is a lot of American blood on that soil fighting that Communist Party. I am not easily offended but I thought that was in very bad taste.

Back