• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazing Race - New Season 02/23/14

agreed. it's way more fun to see 'average' people (like ryan and abbie/trey and lexi/the sisters (as much as i dislike them)) go through these things - and would be even better if they were actually difficult tasks. make them earn $1MM.

I can deal with one gimmicked team per year, but it seemed like almost everyone this season had something beyond "twins" or "best friends".

At least they've been on different flights some this season. For a few years there everyone was ALWAYS on the same flight which made the travel part of it even more pointless.

I had to mute the TV for this challenge when it was the twins turn. I couldn't take it.

Well, that was a pretty bad turn of events but I should have known of all teams to be saved by a non-elimination leg it'd be them.

Three things you know are coming on the Amazing Race:

1) Stick shift
2) Swimming
3) Heights

Terrible job during the episode - it was easy to tell it was a non-elimination leg. The twins said at one point they just had two more legs to get into the Final 3, and then of course Phil never mentioned the final 3 during check-ins for the first few teams.

Relatively easy challenges again (although those tennis balls did seem to be coming quickly, but there must have been a ton of them - the twin wasn't even going for any balls except the ones that came right down the middle), but at least the challenges were somewhat interesting.

I feel like they always do a non-elimintation right before the final 3 (or have for the past few seasons), so I was kind of expecting it. Boo. Wish the "twinnies" were gone.

I couldn't tell how hard the tennis one actually was...especially since the three non tennis players didn't look like they took THAT long to finish. Almost like the first round was really hard (making them run back and forth), but then after that the balls mostly went towards them. Who knows with the editing.

We were laughing because the 1st place prize Trey and Lexi won is pretty much our exact honeymoon (same resort in Riviera Maya, trip to Chichen Itza, etc).

if jaymes and james dont win i, i just dont know. all the others are impossible to root for. i love how the one beekman boy sends the hurt one to do all the physical challenges full well knowing he is hurt and an awful competitor .

if jaymes and james dont win i, i just dont know. all the others are impossible to root for. i love how the one beekman boy sends the hurt one to do all the physical challenges full well knowing he is hurt and an awful competitor .

Yeah, that was really some terrible decision-making on their part.

I've never really liked the two gay guys but I'm at least hoping they get second (hope the Chippendales get first). Fine with the other teams working together but actively trying to make the Beekman guys fail is pretty lame. Every week the two girls do something to make me hate them even more. Worry about your own race, every team is physically superior to the two gays but they're all at risk of getting mentally destroyed by them.

Thankfully the people everybody hated were eliminated.

wow, didn't see that coming. good for them.

Wow, can't believe the Beekmans won. That was a pretty good final challenge I think. I was rooting for the Chippendales or Texas to win but I was really ok with anyone but the twins winning. They took annoying to a whole new level this last episode.

Are the Beekmans the worst team to ever win the race, or is it just me? They were never even competitive with respect to winning any of the individual legs.

Such fucking bullshit. This feels like some movie that's good for the first 95% and then just has such an awful ending that everything is ruined.

ugh when i saw the challenge was the languages i knew the beekmans were winning it all.

i got the, "you didnt want to see them win because they are gay" i didnt want to see them win because they bitched and cried the entire season.

I had a suspicion they might win when the beginning of the episode drove it home so hard about how they were the underdogs and blah blah blah, but figured maybe once the twins were eliminated that the storyline for the Beekmans was complete. I did enjoy that it wasn't another situation where the order didn't change the entire final leg, like it does for many finales.

Man, so much beekman hate. I was pretty ok with them winning- like they said, they ran a nice race and I appreciate that. They may not have been the physically strongest team, but they won... so that's something. It's a race of physical and mental challenges, and they came out on top- largely because of mental. I was really hoping jaymes and James would win because I liked them, but I'm not upset that beekmans won.

My 3 favorite teams made it to the finals. Initially I was against the Beekman Boys because they have their own reality TV show on the Food Network and I hate to see "celebrities" compete on the AR. But I ended up pulling for them as the underdogs. I identified most with the Texas couple and was pulling for them hardest, but all 3 of the final teams were very likeable and I'm happy to see the Beekman boys win. I was pleased to see them finally standing up to the twinsies toward the end.

BTW, I will not be buying the Beekman Boy's cookbook that they mentioned on last night's episode. When 2 dudes weigh a combined 200 pounds, I don't think my culinary tastes would match theirs very well.

Wow, can't believe the Beekmans won. That was a pretty good final challenge I think. I was rooting for the Chippendales or Texas to win but I was really ok with anyone but the twins winning. They took annoying to a whole new level this last episode.

Man, so much beekman hate. I was pretty ok with them winning- like they said, they ran a nice race and I appreciate that. They may not have been the physically strongest team, but they won... so that's something. It's a race of physical and mental challenges, and they came out on top- largely because of mental. I was really hoping jaymes and James would win because I liked them, but I'm not upset that beekmans won.

This was kind of my feeling. Most of the season, and going into this week I was pretty much rooting for anyone but the twins. Specifically I wanted the Chippendales or Texas. However, I noticed as the episode went on that I felt more and more I was secretly rooting for Beekman. I think it was primarily the underdog thing when everyone (mostly the twins) were actively trying to lose them and get them out that I noticed myself being happy they were sneaking by. They obviously didn't have the "best" race, but they did what they had to do to get by every week and eventually win, so good for them.

Back