• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Amazing Race

Amani and Marcus should have an advantage int he final leg since they're from Atlanta...at least one would think they would....

"The final leg is in Atlanta, so black people have a huge advantage." SMH

"The final leg is in Atlanta, so black people have a huge advantage." SMH

thats definitely not at all what he said. he said they should have a huge advantage because they are from atlanta. didn't say anything about race at all

thats definitely not at all what he said. he said they should have a huge advantage because they are from atlanta. didn't say anything about race at all

But they're not from Atlanta, they're from NW Georgia. Thats actually closer to Chattanooga than it is to any city in Georgia.

But they're not from Atlanta, they're from NW Georgia. Thats actually closer to Chattanooga than it is to any city in Georgia.

I am pretty sure they are from Pine Mt., which is southwest of Atlanta. Still not close, but not near Chatanooga either.

Amani and Marcus should have an advantage int he final leg since they're from Atlanta...at least one would think they would....

I'm pretty sure there have been other instances of teams finishing the race in their hometown and still not winning it.

My bad. I guess I was a little too quick to pull the race card there.

I'm pretty sure there have been other instances of teams finishing the race in their hometown and still not winning it.

Going back to the very first season when they finished at the Globe near the US Tennis Center in Queens. Had a team from Queens that finished second.

Pulling for Marcus and Amani--he seems like a good dude.

I didn't say they would win...I just thought they'd have an advantage over the other teams because they'd know more about Atlanta than the others would....I remember that one team no winning even though the final leg was in their hometown a few seasons ago...

And there was definitely nothing meant to be racist by my comment at all...lol

I didn't say they would win...I just thought they'd have an advantage over the other teams because they'd know more about Atlanta than the others would....I remember that one team no winning even though the final leg was in their hometown a few seasons ago...

And there was definitely nothing meant to be racist by my comment at all...lol

They are from Pine Mt.

Not sure where Marcus and Amani are actually from, but everyone on the finale last night was talking as if they were from Atlanta proper (or at least close enough to say they were). Either way, didn't end up helping them last night after the flight simulator.

Anyone else think that was a pretty boring and anti-climactic finale? I guess you can only manufacture so much drama when everyone gets spread out and no one runs into anyone else on any of the challenges. Meh.

Didn't really care for Ernie and Cindy, but I guess I liked them better than the other two. Would've preferred Marcus and Amani, but I didn't really care all that much by the end about any of them.

Lamesauce I wanted Amani and Marcus to win.

Alright CaptainAwesome...since we missed the Nov deadline we're going to have to get it together for the next time around. Theoretically, that would be even better because I won't be supposed to study for the bar when they're shooting this next season.

Of the teams left, I would have preferred Marcus and Amani, but I do think Ernie and Cindy ran a good race. I thought all of her 'perfect Asian child' comments at the end were pretty funny/interesting...

I couldn't understand how marcus kept veering off into the grass when he landed the simulator- the other two didn't seem to have an issue at all.

Of the teams left, I would have preferred Marcus and Amani, but I do think Ernie and Cindy ran a good race. I thought all of her 'perfect Asian child' comments at the end were pretty funny/interesting...

I couldn't understand how marcus kept veering off into the grass when he landed the simulator- the other two didn't seem to have an issue at all.

i definitely wanted Marcus and Amani to win, but thought erine and cindy deserved it most of the final three in terms of how they ran the race throughout the season.

WakeUp...yeah we will deifnitely have to figure out a way to coordinate this

As soon as that one team went to the wrong place (i.e. the store in Buckhead), the game was over. I fast-forwarded to the end at that point--I was not pulling for Cindy (Ernie was OK, but she just annoyed the crap out of me). Boo, ending.

Not sure where Marcus and Amani are actually from, but everyone on the finale last night was talking as if they were from Atlanta proper (or at least close enough to say they were). Either way, didn't end up helping them last night after the flight simulator.

Anyone else think that was a pretty boring and anti-climactic finale? I guess you can only manufacture so much drama when everyone gets spread out and no one runs into anyone else on any of the challenges. Meh.

Didn't really care for Ernie and Cindy, but I guess I liked them better than the other two. Would've preferred Marcus and Amani, but I didn't really care all that much by the end about any of them.

I thought the map challenge was WAY too easy. Usually the final leg recollection challenge is extremely hard. They breezed right through that one.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the 2nd season in a row where no one was passed on the final leg. You have to imagine that is not what the producers are looking for.

I thought the map challenge was WAY too easy. Usually the final leg recollection challenge is extremely hard. They breezed right through that one.

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the 2nd season in a row where no one was passed on the final leg. You have to imagine that is not what the producers are looking for.

jeremy and sandy left the flight simulator first. by like 15-20 minutes ahead of cindy and ernie's cab according to their cab driver. then they went to the furniture store and cindy and ernie passed them

Great! Just great! Spoiler Alert anyone? I'm not going to bother even watching now that I know who won!

Pretty sure Marcus was bringing the plane down on too steep of an angle, and it wasn't allowing him to keep a proper forward trajectory. I said this to my wife and she just kind of looked at me... but basically when he was coming down, it looked like he was hitting too hard and it didn't allow the landing gear to remain level on the ground and it put him on a bad angle while trying to slow down.

I wasn't a big fan of Ernie and Cindy, but they ran a great final leg of the race. Checking three different cabs to make sure they had a GPS was a clutch move.

Back