• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ambien???

Carson only put on 15 pounds of muscle in the off season?

Very unimpressive for a kid with access to collegiate strength/conditioning programs.

Carson only put on 15 pounds of muscle in the off season?

Very unimpressive for a kid with access to collegiate strength/conditioning programs.

Cant tell if serious. Did you expect him to put on 30lbs of muscle in six months?

Did he mention his Air Force team reached #11 in the nation and they beat Wake Forest by about 100 points that year??? He likes to mention that a lot too.

Did he mention that he recruited Alec Burks? He likes to mention that a lot too.

Good to see that we are back into the Buzz-In/Buzz-Out arguments. Some things never change...we couldn't even make it into November before people are already jumping on coaches and players.

Good to see that we are back into the Buzz-In/Buzz-Out arguments. Some things never change...we couldn't even make it into November before people are already jumping on coaches and players.

What do you expect from this kind of article? "HOORAY! WE GOT RID OF PLAYERS! WE'LL BE GREAT NOW!" Give me a break. I'd be much happier if my coach wasn't busy making excuses and blaming the departed for our issues instead saying he didn't want to discuss it or saying "let's focus on the players on the team." That isn't hard to do.

What do you expect from this kind of article? "HOORAY! WE GOT RID OF PLAYERS! WE'LL BE GREAT NOW!" Give me a break. I'd be much happier if my coach wasn't busy making excuses and blaming the departed for our issues instead saying he didn't want to discuss it or saying "let's focus on the players on the team." That isn't hard to do.

haha ok.

I really dont want to get in to this because I take what coaches say to the media with a grain of salt. Others around here simply do not for whatever reason, I suppose I get that.

But I dont get why its OK for Grobe to call his kids knotheads but not Bz.

Both coaches have accepted responsibility when the teams suck. I heard Bz say plenty of times last year "thats on me," or "I need to do a better job of..." People just seem to gloss over that because they dont like the guy. Bz is far from the first coach to go through a weeding out process in the first year on the job. Just live with it.

Grobe says the same things: well, we were young last year, but thats on me. Or, we had some real knuckleheads on the team last year, but thats on me. Who really cares if he adds "thats on me" to the end of every sentence, the actual truth is in what comes before, you know, the substance of the comment.

They aren't his kids anymore. I don't remember Grobe talking too much about departed players.

Ph, Grobe did'nt have to talk about having 1/3 of his players dismissed for problems.

You guys sound like a bunch of fucking clemson fans. The basketball program does not operate independently of the school. If you want to know about the quality of the players that left - ask the professors that taught them.

(JT is a good kid with some problems) The rest - bye bye.

With that being said the program had to make a dramatic culture change to survive. So why don't you guys just lay off. It isnt productive.

Bzz needs to focus on the athletes we have not the ones that are gone, I wish he would have just said he was excited about this year and that our team seems more mature

I cannot believe that some people bought into the "culture change" rhetoric. Astounding.

You forgot to include the sentence right after that one. Dan obviously meant for this article to read that way, but Bzz didn't come out and talk shit about those guys from the start or anything.

Well said. Really hope to see the guys have a good season this year. Hope Carson gains about 10 more lbs!

I cannot believe that some people bought into the "culture change" rhetoric. Astounding.

Really? We've had this argument before but if you really can't see the character issues with the kids Dino recruited I can't help you.

Back