• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

American Hustle

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The acting was excellent. Jeremy Renner probably did the best job. Jennifer Lawrence's new boyfriend could be the new William Forsythe and be in hundreds of movies. Now that Christian Bale has done a Boston and NY accent, Philly must be next. Amy Adams was sexy and really good. Louis CK will be a ton of movies.

It captured the times well. My only negative was inconsistent pacing. This was a story that could really move quickly and had lags. I think if it had been about 1:50 versus 2:09 it would have been even better.

I don't want to tell everyone too much. It's definitely worth seeing. I'm not sure it's "Picture of the Year" good, but it's very good.

Have you seen 12 Years a Slave, RJ?

This is up there with The Wolf of Wall Street and Saving Mr. Banks for me as far as see ASAP

Saw the cast a few times when filming was going on and the crew actually checked out my girlfriend's house because they were looking for an older style building for a couple scenes. Very cool. I'm excited to see the movie.

Thought the cast was superb, but they may cannibalize each other for acting awards. Renner, Bales, and Cooper were excellent, but they're kinda hosed if Renner and Cooper both get nominated for supporting actor. Probably Amy Adams' best role and she was smokin'. Jennifer Lawrence's accent was hilarious. She had an NYC accent in a few scenes, but there were other scenes when she used her normal voice with no attempt at a different accent.

It's like when john Wayne won because Voight/Hoffman split the vote in Midnight Cowboy.

Last edited:
Have you seen 12 Years a Slave, RJ?

This is up there with The Wolf of Wall Street and Saving Mr. Banks for me as far as see ASAP

I really don't get the hype or excitement for Saving Mr. Banks. I'm not interesting in seeing it at all.

For some reason this movie doesn't interest me at all, but it's getting such good reviews that I know I will see it and probably like it.

It's got 3 academy award winners, two others who are previous nominees, a director in the middle of a comeback tour, and interesting subject material. also, bradley cooper has a perm.

It's not "Goodfella's style" at all. Goodfella's had much better flow. Hustle had some moments, but it doesn't have the tension or intensity of Goodfella's.

Back