• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

American Hustle

I thought this movie was a pretty big letdown.
Some entertaining parts, but it just didn't flow very well.
If you would've watched any 10 or 15 minutes you might have thought it was going to be good, but as a whole the movie was pretty underwhelming. (as if they tried too hard, as some other's have noted) Saw it with 3 other people and I probably had the highest opinion of it.
the acting (and Amy Adams side boob) was probably the best part of the movie...thought all the main actors did a good job

I thought the movie was good, but it was way less good than I was expecting. My expectations were extremely high and I thought I was going to absolutely love the movie, but I though it was just good to quite good. Most defs not best picture good.

Louis CK was brutal. There may be bit roles for him that he can do well in, but this wasn't one of them.

I saw it over the weekend. I thought it was pretty solid. It did seem to drag at times but overall really good.

I thought it was hilarious. Perhaps nothing special other than the acting, but what are you looking for? Not every movie has to be important.

Just saw this. Incredible acting on all fronts, but just a very good movie, not a great one.

I guess you could argue that the sum of the incredible performances make it great, but to me the story just didn't work that well, and it dragged a bit. A two hour movie that felt like three. Bale, Cooper, Adams and especially Lawrence are all just completely amazing though. The dynamic between Bale and Lawrence is unreal.

I thought it was hilarious. Perhaps nothing special other than the acting, but what are you looking for? Not every movie has to be important.

This is how I felt.

The film was incredibly entertaining to me. I was either laughing or staring at Amy Adams boobies. It was cheeky, clever, and well acted.

It was not an art or indie film.

The movie was fine and had its moments, but anyone that tells me they enjoyed this more than Wolf of Wall Street will be losing serious street credibility.

I enjoyed it, but echo other's sentiments that it was too long. Renner was fantastic, as was the soundtrack.

Boob-tape was definitely snubbed in the best supporting actress category.

I noticed JLaw's accent going in and out, too. She basically played her awesome self.

Agree with others. Good not great. Too long.

Thought the cast was superb, but they may cannibalize each other for acting awards. Renner, Bales, and Cooper were excellent, but they're kinda hosed if Renner and Cooper both get nominated for supporting actor. Probably Amy Adams' best role and she was smokin'. Jennifer Lawrence's accent was hilarious. She had an NYC accent in a few scenes, but there were other scenes when she used her normal voice with no attempt at a different accent.

Yeah, I found that a little distracting. I thought she was great but I think she had been a little over hyped to me. I thought Amy Adams was fantastic, though.

I enjoyed it, but echo other's sentiments that it was too long. Renner was fantastic, as was the soundtrack.

Boob-tape was definitely snubbed in the best supporting actress category.

I noticed JLaw's accent going in and out, too. She basically played her awesome self.

Apparently no boob tape was used.

lol look in the mirror old man

wlof was pretty good but too much preaching by leo and sooooo predictable and too long. i thought hustle was more original and shot better

Last edited:
Back